PCB Question about Crooked/ Burnt Mill Crk. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 06-23-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default PCB Question about Crooked/ Burnt Mill Crk.

Does anyone know the depth of the channels in each of these creeks? I am looking for some trout and I was going to wade these areas and didn't know if I could cross over the creek bed. I was going to start by the pier in Crooked then head to the north. Any information on this area is very much appreciated! Also what would the chances of finding a flounder in this area be? Thank you!
leonsulak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #2
White Marlin

Burnt mill creek.....It's 5-7 ft the first 150 yds or so getting shallower until you dump out in the bay.

Crooked creek is 5-6 ft for quite a ways. I wouldn't wade in that gator hole for money!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
Cigar Minnow

I was actually referring to the Bayside I apologize for not clarifying. I was looking to wade maybe in the flats where the mouth the creeks drain into the bay and I was wondering how deep those are. I have no interest in going up the creeks. Is it safe to wade in these areas? Thank you.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
White Marlin

I dont know that I am following you.

Do you mean wading the mouth of the creeks? That is definitely doable. Soft mud but I have done it many times when I couldnt get my boat to the fish. You will need a boat or a kayak to get there.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
Cigar Minnow

My hope was to park at the camp and then find a way to walk down to the water into West Bay. Is that not possible? I want to wade the flats around that area of west bay and head towards the creek but not up the creek. Google earth can only show me so much.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:59 AM   #6
White Marlin

I think it would involve swimming or trespassing for a large part of the trip. Your best bet is to rent a kayak and get out there. It is a tough area to wade becuase much of the creek mouth is very soft mud.

I miss when we could get out to the property that is now River Camps. That was some great wading around there.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
Cigar Minnow

Well im glad i spoke with you then. Google earth didnt tell me that. Do you know if i can park and wade around the college or lynn haven?
Old 06-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

I was also told to park and wade off berthe st. Also by the tyndall bridge. And the hwy 79 bridge. I hope one of those work
Old 06-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonsulak View Post
Well im glad i spoke with you then. Google earth didnt tell me that. Do you know if i can park and wade around the college or lynn haven?
Yes, that is a huge flat that holds decent fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonsulak View Post
I was also told to park and wade off berthe st. Also by the tyndall bridge. And the hwy 79 bridge. I hope one of those work
Berthe St? Not sure where that is.
Tyndall Bridge is a great spot to wade. You can honestly cover some ground there. You could potentially wade from there to Goose Point!

I would rather swim naked with a bonita strapped to my junk in a school of sharks than wade by Hwy 79. You would be better off fishing the bridge(Old Hwy 79 Bridge) than getting in that water.

If you are in the Bay County area and want to hit some wade areas, give me a shout. I travel most of next week for work but I should be in and out. Hit me up and I will show you some places that dont get much foot traffic.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #10
Cigar Minnow

Wow thats awesome. I am a high school teacher from Dallas Texas, and I will be there for an entire week starting at the end of July. I will be fishing the bay with my little brother. I am a seasoned trout and red fisherman out of Galveston, but I am yet to try my luck in Florida waters. That is why I am doing so much research before hand. It would be awesome to be able to have a nice fish fry the last day we are there and not have to buy the fish at the store.

I would love to take you up on the offer of fishing when we are down there. I only use top water plugs and artificials, because of my bass fishing background.

Just to clarify on what you said about the previous spots:
1. It looks like I can park on the Souther part of the Tyndall bridge? Is that the best place? Once I am in the water you suggest wading south to Goose Point? I glad you think that is a promising place to begin fishing. Does that area hold flounder as well as trout and reds?
2. when you said it was a huge flat and held decent fish were you referring to the College or Lynn Haven?
3. Where would you suggest parking at Lynn Haven? I noticed that Merrick Industries has a huge parking lot right next to the water, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to park there. I also saw there was a school with a parking lot off of 5th street on the other side on Lynn Haven Bayou but I didn't know if it was possible to wade to the around there.

I cannot thank you enough for your time and effort helping me to be in the best situation possible when I get the chance to get down there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in