Pattern - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 06-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Pattern

Hey guys i fish freshwater a lot and I have always fished inshore for specks flounder and redfish but I wanted a new challenge. All the other times i had been inshore it had been one day you really catch them in one spot and then the next nothing. I dont know if i am applying bass knowledge where it shouldnt be but bass usually have patterns where all the fish depending on the time of year will group up on all the same types of things. Is this true for redfish and trout as well or is it just you guess on where to go and just hope? Also is there any specific lures? All answers will be greatly appreciated.
Ethan72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Grouper

From salt water I've noticed the fish follow the bait more so then in fresh. Also have to combat with tides. Some spots are awesome in high tide, low tide produces nothing but cat fish.
SpeedoJosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I grew up fishing inshore but learned bass fishing tournaments so going back to fishing inshore I tried to put the same correlation together as well when I started fishing inshore.
There is a pattern to the inshore fish just like bass but its not really a method to HOW to catch them its more of WHERE to catch them. Also, don't focus on the spawn either, its not at all like bass.
Reds are the most similar to bass. They relate to structure and they use vibrations to feed just like bass do. Right now I have been having the most luck finding flats that are close to a deeper water area. They move up to the flats to feed and then push back into the ledge when the water heats up.
Aze0008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in