Orange Beach and Ft. Morgan Area - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 06-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Orange Beach and Ft. Morgan Area

Hi All,

I am heading down to Orange Beach from Georgia next week with the family (like we have done ever year forthe past 12 years), and I am interested in how the inshoreand surf fishing has been. I do not have a boat and mainly stick tothe Pass in themorning and sometimes will ride out to Ft. Morgan and fish the surf and sometimes the bay at some of the pull offs. I usually try to throw my 8 wt flyrod the most but also carry a good spinning rod and some gulp baits.

I would like to see how the fishing in those areas have been?? I do a lot of wading so what in teh jelly situation right now?? Also, if there are any extremely kind folks that would like to turn me on to some other good wading spots that would be great. Send me a PM andI will trade some good Georgia Trout fishing locaitons. Or if anyone would like to hook up and do some fishing one day that would be enven better.

Igreatly appreicate any help. I know the area pretty good but likeI said I mainly hit the pass inthe morning with the flyrodchasing ladyfish and blue runners. So I change would be nice.

Thanks again for any help

Tight Lines

Brian
sagehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Mingo

Default RE: Orange Beach and Ft. Morgan Area

I don't do any wading or surf fishing. I just go out on the boat and rarely at that. I can however tell you to bring some waders or pants though. This year has been the year of the jelly. THey are everywhere. Even in great numbers in the bay. I hope someone else can let you know about the inshore bite. Good luck!

Jason
grady306 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Snapper

Ditto for the jellyfish. Don't know if I have ever seen them this bad.

Another place you may want to try is the Little Lagoon Pass in Gulf Shores. Be careful though, earlier this year a guy tried to wade across the pass in an outgoing tide and drowned.

The bite can be good, especially on an outgoing tide. Go early before everyone gets there.

Good Luck!!
Instant Karma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
Mingo

We've fished the pass several times this month. Best luck at dawn on the FL side.

The ladyfish are abundant, and you might snag a nice trout.

Ditto the waders or long pants.
sc23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
Trigger

Hi i do a lot of wade fishing and a good spot to go is naval liveoaks there are trout,redfish,ladyfish,bluefish,spanish mack's and a bunch of other fish to catch and there are a bunch of jellyfish, you can wade out pretty far just watch out for the stingrays.
bay slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in