orange beach alabama fishing - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 05-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
White Marlin

Default orange beach alabama fishing

I just recently started a job over in orange beach and since I'm mainly going to be working evenings and nights I plan to do some serious fishing before work. I've never really fished over there before other than catching some Spanish right before my job interview so I'm just trying to find some info About where would be a decent spot to fish and for what(not looking for secret spots). I would like to stay clear from the numerous amount of boat traffic too. I'm going to be bringing my kayak with me so I can reach more spots. I'm assuming there is a decent amount of reds and specks back there right about now? if you're familiar with the fishing over there and can give me some pointers that would be awesome!

I know I'm going to have to get a license for over there. $50 for annual and it expires in august.
southern yakker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

I don't know of any area you can avoid boat traffic in OB, but the popular places that can be reached by yak are the rocks at the Pass, the reef behind walker island near the pass, and the docks at night. The docks at night will get you out of the daytime boat traffic. Other places would include any grass flat during the early, early morning hours before the jet skis/boats get going. Take a look at Google Earth and you can find those rather easily.

Yak fishing off the beach is good, but no trout really unless you are down near fort morgan or little lagoon. Little lagoon is a good place to trout fish from a yak.

The best place to fish from a yak is prolly big lagoon just across the line in Florida. Yes, it is another license, but at least it is an annual one. And if you fish the east end of Ono, be careful, most of that is Florida waters, where you will need a FL license.

I've fished OB my entire life basically, and I always pack a Florida license.
ALFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
White Marlin

Thanks. My main concern with boat traffic is around the island where everyone is going to party. I've looked at Google Earth to try and find some good looking areas. Cotton bayou seems like a good place for dock light fishing.

I already have a fl fishing license so I'm good there. My main gripe was that the alabama annual pass isn't annual unless you buy it in august. It looks like I'm going to have to spend $50 on a pass for 2 months and then spend another $50.
southern yakker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in