New Gulp - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 11-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Mingo

Default New Gulp

I know this was brought up in the long Gulp thread a few weeks ago, but I finally ran out of my "old" gulp and had to use some of the "new" stuff in the packages with individual sections last week. I HATE the new stuff.

I was fishing in LA and used packages I bought in AL, FL, and LA, all of them the new ones with sections in the package and they were all lousy. I understand they probably changed the formula because they lasted too long before (my record is 27 specks on one bait) but this new stuff at times does not even last for one fish because it is so soft it won't hold the hook and jig head.

I'm very disappointed and wanted to see if anyone has run across any Gulp at all in the new packages that is not total crap.
traqem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
Sailfish

The main ones I've had problems with have been the 3" shrimp natural color
fishn4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Sailfish

I know that many will disagree, but I think that gulp is the most overrated and over priced bait on the market. The shrimp have a little durability, but the jerkshad will last for about one fish. I love the fluke with a little pro cure dabbed on them. A package of 10 flukes cost about $3 and I can catch a lot of fish on just one. The most durable plastics are the strike king baits made with the elaztec. You can catch 30-40 fish on one bait. They are also impervious to pin fish.
dabutcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

All my sugar and spice glows have been in the trays and they are my favorite so far. The glow bait looks to be multi-layered internally and inconsistent in transparency, which I like in these.
mullet slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabutcher View Post
I know that many will disagree, but I think that gulp is the most overrated and over priced bait on the market. The shrimp have a little durability, but the jerkshad will last for about one fish. I love the fluke with a little pro cure dabbed on them. A package of 10 flukes cost about $3 and I can catch a lot of fish on just one. The most durable plastics are the strike king baits made with the elaztec. You can catch 30-40 fish on one bait. They are also impervious to pin fish.
That strike king rage tail shrimp is tough. It's tough to even get on the hook and one or two usually last all day. It has some nice action too that you don't get from the gulp. Where do you get your pro cure?
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
Snapper

I get my pro-cure from Steve at Dizzy Lizzy's......he's having a big sale on Friday next week. You might be able to stock up if you beat me to 'em.

-Jonathan
Ardiemus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardiemus View Post
I get my pro-cure from Steve at Dizzy Lizzy's......he's having a big sale on Friday next week. You might be able to stock up if you beat me to 'em.

-Jonathan
Thanks for the info. I will be out of town for Turkey Day and won't be back until Friday night. Hopefully he won't be out.
dabutcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
Mines Bigger
White Marlin

get yourself one of those turkey injector syringes and stick your softbait with procure, it will slowly drip out and leave a trail. I shoot up my DOAs all the time.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrick View Post
get yourself one of those turkey injector syringes and stick your softbait with procure, it will slowly drip out and leave a trail. I shoot up my DOAs all the time.

Awesome tip. Which flavor of Pro-Cure do you favor?
rippin90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
Mines Bigger
White Marlin

They have 100 scents out now, I try to match it up with what bait I'm using. They have shrimp, menhaden, crab and all kinds of stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in