NAS Pensacola Map with Markers (For directional purposes) - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 03-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default NAS Pensacola Map with Markers (For directional purposes)

Hey all,

I thought I would try to edit a google map of NAS Pcola, because alot of us

new guys have a hard time with directions..haha.

So maybe when we are discussing places on base to fish, we could use this map?

It is highly editable, so give me any suggestions on color, or anything else.

You all have spent some time helping me, so I thought spending 10 minutes making this would be a nice addition.

Here is the first edition:

KickinItInSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
Indiana Jones
Grouper

Default RE: NAS Pensacola Map with Markers (For directional purposes)

This is a pretty good map, should help some of the new fisherman to NAS with spot identification

A= Trout Point

B= Sherman Cove bridge rubble

C= Lake Frederic Beach

D,E= Long Seawall

F= Port ops/LEX Pier

G= Portside seawall

H= Unamed sandbar across from portside club

Old 03-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

If you guys could help me with some info, I would add it on the map!

Here are a few things I'd love to put on:

1. Local names for the piers (I know Charlie is one of them, but don't know which..)

2. Fish found on or between the different points.

Long term, I want to make a FAQ/Guide for new Gulf anglers. This would include a few maps of the Pcola area (same format as above), tackle shops, local charters, a then probably guides/strategies on fishing for certain species (as I learn them myself). I'll make an outline in the next week or so, and then hopefully the forum can contribute their knowledge.

I'm doing this because for all the new guys out there, it's really hard to keep asking questions about things some of you learned when you were 5, and is obvioussllyy common knowledge..haha:banghead.

Let me know what you think, and any advice would be awesome!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
Snapper

Are there boat ramps on the Naval base for 18' Fiberglass boats?

NJD
nojerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #5
Trigger

Quote:
nojerseydevil (3/8/2010)Are there boat ramps on the Naval base for 18' Fiberglass boats?

NJD
Yes, Sherman Cove Marina
reeltime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
Sailfish

Quote:
KickinItInSD (3/8/2010)If you guys could help me with some info, I would add it on the map!

Here are a few things I'd love to put on:

1. Local names for the piers (I know Charlie is one of them, but don't know which..)

2. Fish found on or between the different points.

Long term, I want to make a FAQ/Guide for new Gulf anglers. This would include a few maps of the Pcola area (same format as above), tackle shops, local charters, a then probably guides/strategies on fishing for certain species (as I learn them myself). I'll make an outline in the next week or so, and then hopefully the forum can contribute their knowledge.

I'm doing this because for all the new guys out there, it's really hard to keep asking questions about things some of you learned when you were 5, and is obvioussllyy common knowledge..haha:banghead.

Let me know what you think, and any advice would be awesome!
Most of the info that you are talking about getting, isn't going to come from those of use that regularly fish the base. It's one of the few places that not everybody can get to and and completely fish it out. I understand you are trying to help others somewhat, but doign what you're saying is going to rape our spots, I don't mind sponsoring a couple people to go out there but I'm not going to give away many years of things that I've learned out there on my own, as well as everybody else who fishes the base.
User6882 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
Cigar Minnow

I understand that completely Brandon, and that isn't what I meant (I guess I communicated that poorly)

It would would be a very bare bone guide, and would have zero 'secret' spots, besides piers, would that be wrong? I mean maybe it would have fish located on whole beaches, but not GPS locations or anything.

It would be mostly definitions and locations of known beaches, and piers. It would be a newbie FAQ of the different fish species, what they eat, etc.

hope that helps,

matt
Old 04-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

I would be careful about advertising Port Ops, there's a reason not a lot people fish there. If for whatever reason a lot of people find out about this and they go there all the time it would seem pretty crappy if they asked everyone in general to stop fishing there. As is there are not too many down there when it is fished but if loads of people go there when the Charlie pier is closed then we would have an issue in that we may no longer be able to fish there.

Thanks
fishergirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
Trigger

Nojersey, Have you hit the bass spawn yet? Let me know if you make your way down here again. Ill take you to a better spot on NAS...Send me a pm man and we will go one day...
bigruss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #10
Trigger

[/quote]

Most of the info that you are talking about getting, isn't going to come from those of use that regularly fish the base. It's one of the few places that not everybody can get to and and completely fish it out. I understand you are trying to help others somewhat, but doign what you're saying is going to rape our spots, I don't mind sponsoring a couple people to go out there but I'm not going to give away many years of things that I've learned out there on my own, as well as everybody else who fishes the base.[/quote]

I understand what you're saying, But does it really matter when its being posted all over this forum? If people keep making reports on it it's going to get fished out. Its better to keep it hidden, there's places I fish on NAS that I will never broadcast on here or tell anyone about for the fact of it getting fished out. But what do you expect with tons of reports naming port ops on it? I seen Port Side go to crap, and port ops will be the same. But if anyone wants to fish it, just say you're going to the Aviation Museum then head out to fish. I know many people that do this. Is it right? No, but you'll be able to fish on base.
bigruss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in