mustad ultra max - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default mustad ultra max

I was hoping that someone has gotten the chance to try any of the Mustad Ultra Max that is everywhere at this time at decent prices. The advertising tells of it being one of the highest strength to line diameter of mono lines. As well I have read that Sufix is actually the manufacturer of this line. Does anyone know if this is true? Has anyone gotten the chance to use any of this line in the 10# to 12# weight and could tell me how it stacks up against the other lines available these days? thanks.
wilfish4774 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: mustad ultra max

I've used the 17#. I didn't catch much on it because I kinda sucked at fishing. ha. (still do, but am getting better) I've used Ande mono for a little bit now and use the remaining Ultra for my leaders. It was alright when I had it on the reel, but the Ande seems a lot better. Less birds nests/memory, andbetter caststhan the Ultra. That's pretty much the extent of experience I have with fishing line and the only comparisons I have. My opinion, in short: Works fine as a leader, butmight want togo with something else for the line. Hope it helps somehow.
thegarb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
Grouper

Default RE: mustad ultra max

Can't give you any feedback on the line but I sure admire the thoughtfulness of the other part of your post! If the marine patrol did involve themselves with some of the things you mentioned they would be looked on more favorably. Planting seagrass is too large of an undertaking. But everything else you mentioned is within the realm of possibility. But that would mean they would have to get off ther rear ends. There are a lot of things they could do other than trying to catch someone that didn't pinch the tail of a 27" redfish, or running around in the gulf trying to catch someone beyond the nine mile limit. Thank you once again for your post.
wrightackle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in