Mullet men and inshore guys - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Like Tree5Likes

Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
I pegged my fishometer
Grouper

Default Mullet men and inshore guys

Mullet men are bain of my existence when inshore fishing. It doesn't matter than I am floating across the flats casting toward the shore, in they come casting into the bait fish between me and the shore. I know they have as much rights to fish as I do but I need to vent on what jerks many tend to be when people are line fishing on a drift.
Johnms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Mingo

That happens to me all the time here in East Bay! They will cut in front of me at only 70-75yrds in front of me WOT!! But then again I've had other fishermen do the same!! It would be nice if ALL would show a little etiquette and respect for their fellow fishermen!!!
circlehook69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Broke Yakin
Trigger

I hear ya, they suck. I'm a mullet man myself and they will even cut eachother's throats, but I always concede to courteous fisherman because it's a whole lot easier to find mullet than game fish. Then again, if I'm throwing on a school and a fisherman decides he needs to cast towards my school I have no problem causing a raucous. I have young children and even they know that if somebody else has it first you wait your turn.

Unfortunately, it seems as though most people on the water these days need a good punch on the lips.
THE POMPANO KING likes this.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
Blue man fishing Inc.
Sailfish

Yeah hate them
Tobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

To me, wading mullet guys are no problem at all as they are limited in where they can move, but it's a bummer to have a boat come up and start chunking nets in the water and spook an entire shoreline.
jchristian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Trigger

hmm...glad I fish in perdido, you guys aren't talking about my mullet fishing etiquette and it sucks you guys hate us mullet men so much...I mean there are douches in every sport/recreational activity, but most of us are just trying to enjoy the water too...sorry if you don't approve of our methods, or the fact that we ALWAYS catch our fish! lol
jhamilton226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

From Texas here. Can you explain what a "mullet man" is.

Much appreciated.

Fangard
fangard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
Trigger

Fangard, being from Texas you will probably laugh to find out that we eat mullet over here in Florida and Alabama! You guys west of the Mississippi call it bait, we call it good eats!!! So tho it is not a technical term, "mullet men" best describes fisherman who either exclusively throw mullet nets or simply consider it their primary method of catching fish, and not because we all have Joe Dirt haircuts
jhamilton226 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamilton226 View Post
Fangard, being from Texas you will probably laugh to find out that we eat mullet over here in Florida and Alabama! You guys west of the Mississippi call it bait, we call it good eats!!! So tho it is not a technical term, "mullet men" best describes fisherman who either exclusively throw mullet nets or simply consider it their primary method of catching fish, and not because we all have Joe Dirt haircuts
I thought that might be the case. To be honest, if we had water like you guys did, we would probably have better quality mullet and it,would be palatable. Stupid Mississippi River. Muddies up most of the Texas coast.

Can't wait to hit Pensacola 25th thru July 3rd.

Any inshore/nearshore guide recommendations?

Thanks.
fangard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Grouper

Why would mullet fishermen be casting into bait? Are you talking about wade fishermen casting for mullet? I have never felt someone fishing from shore cast netting or wade fishing would have less rights to the water than I do in fact I would always make sure to not to impose on the area they are fishing. If I am in a boat I am not near as limited to where I can fish as they are. The fishing etiquette goes both ways.
gastonfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in