Mobile Bay Noob questions - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 09-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Mobile Bay Noob questions

Im new to the Mobile area and need some info and fishing tips for the west bay, dauphin island, bayou la batre areas. Where to launch, where to run to, what to look out for. I have a 99 Scout 162 Sportfish, so Id rather not try to run out more than 4 or 5 miles unless the seas are glass. Im more interested in sight fishing for tailing reds and stuff like that. I moved here from the Orlando/Tampa area and am very excited about the new fishing experiences I know Im going to have.

One more thing, if any of you guys wanna come over and go with me I am probably going to have an open seat for the weekend(Sunday).
rcmay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: Mobile Bay Noob questions

any of the rigs within eye sight of the light house hold blues,reds,kings, boito,spanish,and others. fish dixie bar on the east side of bay from dauphin isl. on anout going tide for bull reds,ladie fish,use live croakers from either jemisons bait or bait boat.specks can be caught on inshore rigs and reefs also white trout flounder.there are many more places and types of fish go to wal-mart or academy and get ala. out doors calender has most inshore reefs as well as som rigs,its free at gun counter.any specific quest. just ask ill help if i can. unless its near one of my spots!:moon:moon
slanddeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
Trigger

thanks guys! I appreciate the tips, I will probably be launching out of Meaher State Park or Scotts Landing(arent they the same thing?) if the weather holds up. Going to pick up a Top Spot map tonight as well.
rcmay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
Grouper

Dixie Bar is a good choice. the ramp at Ft Morgan is good, and protected (only $1 to launch). We went Labor Day and even tho we didn't get bull reds, they <U>are there</U>. Usually really on the RUN in October. Then the in-shore oil rigs are always a surprise. We got spanish, reds, spec...such a variety and just good fun. ENJOY!! and Welcome!!
FishnLane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2008, 12:53 AM   #5
FORMER Shore & Pier Guide
Grouper

Good idea about the Top Spot Map! Another is to check the fishing report in the Thursday Mobile Register (Sports section). It will at least give you an idea of what is going on.

BTW, Meaher Park launch is on the west bank of the Blakely River (south side) and Scotts' Landing is on the east side of the same river(on the north side). I recommend using Scott's until you get used to navigating that area, some of the shallows are'tricky'. They will often drawa quick map or show you (on the Top Spot) where they have heard about fish being caught (good folks there!)

Another good resource is the Alabama Coastal Fisherman's Association (ACFA) that meets the 1st Thursday of each month. Check us [email protected] http://www.acfafish.com

Follow the links to the message board and fishing forums. You can join the forum and come to the meetings forfree. Good folks there and good info about the Mobile Bay inshore fishing opportunities.

Welcome!
Pier#r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in