Low Profile Baitcasters vs. Round Baitcasters - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Low Profile Baitcasters vs. Round Baitcasters

Which ones do yall prefer for inshore?
My understanding is that round one's have a little more drag tension to them, and can usually hold a little heavier line.
SignWaves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Sailfish

I personally like the low profile lighter and fits in the hand better for artifical lures. The drag as you described is totally false. I fish a Abu Garcia Revo STX high speed it has 24lbs of drag at max setting. I will stack it up against any round inshore bait caster. The round ones will usually hold more line still won't cast as good or far as a low profile. You simply have way too many ways to set cast controls and drag on a low profile reel. Hope this helps again its just my opinion except the drag that is a fact.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Mingo

Thanks for the info. I am leaning towards the low pro. Academy has the Ambassador inshore for about 150 that looks and feels pretty nice.
SignWaves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
White Marlin

I like low profile as well. I love my curado's!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
Topwater Addict
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatspro View Post
I personally like the low profile lighter and fits in the hand better for artifical lures. The drag as you described is totally false. I fish a Abu Garcia Revo STX high speed it has 24lbs of drag at max setting. I will stack it up against any round inshore bait caster. The round ones will usually hold more line still won't cast as good or far as a low profile. You simply have way too many ways to set cast controls and drag on a low profile reel. Hope this helps again its just my opinion except the drag that is a fact.
Also fish the same reel, absolutely love it. My experience with the round baitcasters is a lot more trouble with back lash if you are going to be casting a lot. The braking systems on the low profiles just can't be beat.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Mingo

Before you buy, see if you can find a Daiwa Lexa 300 to demo. Equal to the Curado 300 series and equally user friendly in a nice, tight package. Plenty of line capacity and more drag that you will ever need.

At $199.99, they are $50 less than the Curado 300. I also like the Revos, sweet casting and again, tough enough for whatever.
Team Fish Head is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in