little lagoon rookie - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default little lagoon rookie

just moved into a house on little lagoon in gulf shores been out a few times had early success on west side of lagoon but not so much lately ,should i try the night bite,or stick to early morning and also when do you think it is a good time to start speck fishing with fin fish
hungup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Formerly CERT315
Ruby Red Lip

I yak fish the lagoon quite a bit, several of the other guys on the forum here fish it hard, I'm sure they can chime in and help a bit as well...I usually put in either at the Fort Morgan Road boat ramp or at west pass...I've caught fish and not caught fish at all times of day there, but that bein said, right at daylight in west pass during the heat of the summer usually produces some nice specks, and that sandbar inside the pass that juts inside (the one they are forever dredging) is one of my favorite common known flounder spots, as well as along the seawall on the west face of the pass. Some will agree and disagree, but starting now or soon and on through the year the goon holds some huge trout...the biggest three white trout I've ever seen came out of little lagoon, and I'm talking 5lb plus. Slot reds have been running through there steady lately chasing bait schools, had a fantastic day out there catching reds on soft plastics about a week ago. Beyond that, the lagoon takes a little learning to find the holes and depth changes, time spent out there is not time wasted. Good luck!
GrayMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

thanks for the info hope you have a great year of fishing!very helpful
hungup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Trigger

Have fun! That is a very fishy place. Don't overlook the gulf side. Lots of whiting and pompano. If you have a kayak, just offshore is a blast!!
Razzorduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in