Little Lagoon Pass?? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Trigger

Default Little Lagoon Pass??

I want to put my kayak in at the Little Lagoon Pass. Can I expect to catch any Mackerel? If so, mostly Spanish? What is the best thing to catch them on? I am leaning toward trolling in my kayak with live pinfish on a steel leader. Any other ways? What else can I catch near the small pass?
ctgalloway21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

i use a yozuri jerk bait out in front of the pass and also a mirrodine to catch the spanish...also lady fish and trout. in about another month the flounder will move back in there. i use a 4" gulp shrimp to fish for them. every now and then you will even catch a red out there fishing for flounder
trubio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
Trigger

on top water or a shallow jerk bait? And do you out to ocean side or lagoon side of the pass? Is it safe to exit the lagoon pass to the ocean by myself?

Old 08-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

shallow jerk bait. i fish the lagoon side. i personally wouldn't go through the pass in a boat because the current is usually ripping pretty hard through that small of a pass and it is really shallow. not sure how a yak would do??? right now the spanish are in the lagoon pretty thick so i would stay on the lagoon side.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Trigger

thanks Turbio, I will go Sunday afternoon. I have topwater but will have to go thru my freshwater lures for some jerk baits. What colors work the best? Also, do I need a steel leader?
Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

i fish a red and white top water in the morning when it is glassy with pretty good success. my favorite jerk bait i bought at walmart. it is a yozuri with a black top and silver speck belly. it is the biggest yozuri inshore lure they have there. i think it is around $13. you need to go out during low tide, unless you have a depth finder, to see where all the little highs and lows are on the bottom in front of the pass. i usually fish those ledges. good luck to ya.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Trigger

I am just coming down for the weekend an can only fish at certain times so I can't be picky. I am going to put in on the access on the east side of the pass and fish around there. How long is the beach there to drag my kayak to the water? I might go put in at Mo's and fish the bank west till I get to pass and cross over to the south side. Still haven't decided yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in