Islamorada or Hawk's Cay? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 07-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Islamorada or Hawk's Cay?

I know this is out of the region but my parents are planning a trip to the keys for my 21st birthday. I have the decision of where I want to go but I can't decide. Has anyone fished these areas before and if so, which one would you pick?
SALTLIFE34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Snapper

Hank's Cay for sure. We lived just around the corner from Hank Cay for many years. Tim cut his teeth on bonefish in that area. Lots of other fish around the area also. Plus not alot of people around to bother you. If you need some area to fish around shoot Tim (RECESS) a PM. Bamboo banks is just a short ride from the marina on the gulf side, the area has to be our favorite spot for lobsters. Gene
user6993 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
White Marlin

Hawks Cay is real nice but it has the resort feel. You can alway visit and eat there but still have more of a Keys experiance is you go somewhere like keys colony. There is good tarpon fishing in the little bay leading to key colony just inside vaca cut. Here is the vrbo link: Key Colony Beach Florida Vacation Rentals by Owner - Key Colony Beach Florida VRBO, Vacation Home Rentals, Condo Rentals, FRBO Vacation Rentals, Key Colony Beach Florida Travel Information The great thing about being that far south is all the bay side is open to lobster. Hit springer banks for lobster and red grouper in the holes. I use this guy and sent my mother and father to him and he's cheap and will put you on fish quick! Key Largo Fishing Charter- Tarpon Fishing- Key Largo Fishing - Islamorada Fishing Charters - Florida Keys Fishing He is near mm 90 though.
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Grouper

Location: live in Baton Rouge but have a condo in Pensacola Beach

I have hosted a couple of incentive trips to Hawks Cay and they have been great. Also
look at Cheeca Lodge in Islamorado. It is smaller if not a little more upscale if that is what younare looking for. Cheeca is where the 1st Pres. Bush has his annual fishing tournament every year. Also several years ago Julia Child had her 75th birthday party there because their Chef is who she wanted to cater her party !
lsucole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #5
Mingo

Islamorada is my favorite part of the keys. You can do any kind of fishing you want from there and some of the best stuff for a new 21 year old to do is in that area also.
traqem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
Snapper

Hawk's Cay is an expensive resort, and probably great if that is your style and you can afford it. We stayed at Pelican Cove in Isamorada. Very comfortable, affordable and quiet,

P_
prgault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

Breezy Palms Islamorada is inexpensive place to stay and has a dock to keep a boat if you take one. I've stayed there on vacation since the mid 70s.
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

I meant to add that even if you don't have a boat the fishing in good under the bridges.
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in