Inshore fishing in the perdido area.... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 07-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Inshore fishing in the perdido area....

Hi,

I will be trailering my boat down there from New Orleans this weekend, and was wondering were in that area is a good place to take my 6 year old fishing for some trout and reds. We will be staying around the perdido pass area. The boat will be tied to a dock, so I would be leaving out from the Ono Island area. What baits, etc. I heard about the fort pickens area, but not familiar with it. What lures, bait, etc ( live shrimp ?) is best to use. Thank you in advance.

John
Du1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default Perdido area

Fish the dockes on both sides between Ono Island and Perdido Key early morning 0500 to 0800 or later. I fish with DOA shrimp or live shrimp from JM Tackle because there shrimp are bigger and live longer. Also try the bridge going over to ono island. I have caught some nice specks. there. Last time around the docks my wife and I caught around 40+ fish there with most being in the non keeper range, But we had loads of fun. GOOD LUCK .
Little Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Thanks....how do you rig up your live shrimp and doa?? splitshot?, bottom? cork? Thanks again...
Du1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Weighted cork with the live shrimp 18" to 20" below the cork. Doa shrimp I use a rounded cork w/ beads about 18 to 24" below the cork. If you have a depth finder you want your bait or lure about half of the depth, so you can cut down on how many catfish you catch. there is a island on the se corner of ono island that is called rabbit island fish the west side of the island. There are signs that say grass beds no motors get up closes and fish the beds moving from the island toward the west any time up to 1000am or 1500 till dark. Fish with the doa or gold spoons covering around the whole grass beds. I have gotten some 27-32" reds out of there. Again GOOD LUCK and I HOPE YOU KID HAS A BALL.
Little Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in