Garcon Point - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 02-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Garcon Point

Has any one out there fished the Garcon Point bridge lately. I used to do really well out there in the spring and summer catching big trout and flatfish but now it seems like a ghost town out there. I have been twice and caught a couple small trout on the flats. I wonder what happened out there?? I also didn't see many boats at all. There were a couple anchored in th middle of the bridge but no one on the flats.
L4570 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Im pretty new to the area but everyone i talked to has told me to fish garcon bridge i have about 5 times but have never had any luck they wear its a great spot but i have not had much success if you ever need any one to fish let me know id really like to go with someone that has some experience
thanks
oxbeast1210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I used to do really good on the South end of the bridge starting in about 2' of water and following the bridge to about 7'. That's actually quite a long way out there. After Katrina something happened and I haven't did anything there since. You will always manage to come up with something but it isn't what it used to be for me. I am sire there are folks who live out there that can still put someone on the fish as I am sure they didn't just disappear. I have heard of some people doing pretty good at the I10 bridge in the spring but I haven't tried it. You used to see a couple of the local guides out there but the last time I was there I had the whole bridge to myself. That should of told me something right there. I think they still do pretty good in the middle of the channel anchored up in deep water on live bait but that's not my thing.
L4570 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
Sailfish

The bridge will get much better later in the spring and into summer.
reelthrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in