First Trip to P-Cola Bay! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 09-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Talking First Trip to P-Cola Bay!

Ok, my buddies and I have really gotten interested in all these awesome stories on this forum of the great trout and red fish action you guys have down there. We are thinking about heading down there on 09/12/2015 and try it from our kayaks. I know that you guys are not about giving up your honey holes to out of towns folk, but I was hoping I could get someone to give me some ideas of what parts of the bay would be good to launch and fish. Also some ideas as far as lures that work well. I have heard that the reds love some top water plugs and act very similar to the large mouth bass that we are use to fishing for. But, I have heard the fight is way better! Thanks in advance guys!
noob503 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
Cigar Minnow

I'm also visiting, so no one's responding to me either. On the other hand, i was born here, and spent a lot of time in the bay in my childhood.

With the north wind, i would say put in at shoreline park in gulf breeze and fish from deer point eastward. I was only out for a couple hours last night, and got a little action on a zara spook in bone color. I was out with my stepdad, so not really fishing hard, changing lures, tactics etc. There was a lot of bait activity, and the fish were definitely there.
Fastbasser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #3
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

The bridge is ate up in red/tarpon action. We have been freelining dead menhaden fer reds and can't get a tarpon to bite to save my life! Thrown everything in the box at em! Redfish bite has gone down in the past month but I believe they are there, just deeper so a little more patience is needed.

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #4
Trigger

Read the reports section. Virtually every one of them tells you what area and what type of lures/bait that they are using.
Cory S. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in