Dune Allen / Santa Rosa Area - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 07-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Dune Allen / Santa Rosa Area

First I just want to say I have really enjoyed reading this forum and have gained some very valuable information. Living in Tennessee, I don't get to fish saltwater much but really enjoy it.

I will be in the Dune Allen Beach area in early September and was hoping to bring my boat (Gheenoe Classic) down and get some fishing in. From the research I have done it seems like Hogtown Bayou would be a great spot to fish. Anyone have any advice on the area or other ramps nearby?

What should I expect that time of year? I will primarily be fly fishing but will bring spinning gear as well.

Thanks for your help
smithma87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Snapper

You might want to put in at the end of 393 at alligator point and paddle west towards the point out of hogtown. A little better fishing on the outside.
tailfisher1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Thanks Tailfisher. One other question is will I need to buy both a freshwater and saltwater license if I am fishing the bay (hogtown etc). I already plan to buy a saltwater license to fish the surf some.

Thanks
smithma87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

License is based off the species. If you're just targeting saltwater species, you should be fine.
mitchamafied is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #5
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchamafied View Post
License is based off the species. If you're just targeting saltwater species, you should be fine.
Huh? I don't understand this answer. When I was buying fishing license it was Fresh Water or Salt Water. But, I'm to old to buy a license in recent years so it may have changed.
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2014, 03:32 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCal View Post
Huh? I don't understand this answer. When I was buying fishing license it was Fresh Water or Salt Water. But, I'm to old to buy a license in recent years so it may have changed.
"1. You need either a freshwater, saltwater or combination license (or appropriate exemption) to take fish (take is legally defined as taking, attempting to take, pursuing, molesting, capturing, or killing any fish, or their nests or eggs by any means whether or not such actions result in obtaining possession of such fish or their nests or eggs).

2. If you are using species specific gear, your license should be appropriate (e.g., freshwater or saltwater) to the species you are targeting, and

3. Otherwise you need an appropriate type license to keep your catch and must immediately release any species for which you are not licensed. License requirements follow the species of fish, regardless of where they are caught. In other words, if you only have a freshwater license and are primarily fishing for largemouth bass or bream (freshwater species) in a river, but happen to catch a red drum (a saltwater species), you must immediately release the red drum."

Source: http://myfwc.com/license/recreationa...#fresh_or_salt
mitchamafied is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in