Does anyone here fish near Freeport? (Inshore) - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 09-09-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Does anyone here fish near Freeport? (Inshore)

I have been in Freeport between Midbay bridge and 331 bridge so many times I don't think there are any fish? I'm in a boat, sick of drownding shrimp, any thoughts or tips? I have been up rivers, still no luck. Want to learn to fish the bay but am close to sinking the boat! HELP
bayfishing850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
White Marlin

tI don't fish in the area from Midbay to 331 bridge except now and then in Alaqua Bayou....but do fish the river delta area in the east end of the bay. Birds are working the bait between the 331 bridge and the east end of the bay. This area should be picking up soon to better 'catching' as folks are starting to work the lower river area and it's tributaries for specks and reds. Right now there are large bait schools around the river delta early in the morning but catching is still hit or miss. This week when the bait comes down the river around 0630 to 0730 they are being chased by large schools of lady fish. There could be specks and reds in there as well. Can't really tell but there is a lot of top water activity. I'm mullet fishing and see all this activity. Last week porpoise and at least one shark was way up the river working the bait so a guy reported one morning.
A couple of weeks ago friends were night yak fishing the lights around docs in Hogtown Bayou and did well on specks and reds and were able to keep a couple of reds. The rest were below slot.
If this area fits your type of fishing you might look that way as the water cools a little.

Last edited by fishwalton; 09-12-2015 at 08:43 AM.
fishwalton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2015, 12:01 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

thanks for letting me know, I may give Panama City a try also, never been down there but what the heck cant be any worse
bayfishing850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 07:28 AM   #4
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
White Marlin

The only areas I have fished near Panama City is West Bay with launching at Burnt Mill Creek or the new ramp on Crooked Creek. Both area on hwy 388. There is a ramp under the Intercoastal bridge on hwy 79 which is right at West Bay. If you like bigger bay water the pass to the gulf is a popular spot. My river boat will not handle the pass but there are a couple of TV shows out of PC that report on that area fairly often. Good luck.
fishwalton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in