Can anyone recommend a Tampa charter - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 06-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Can anyone recommend a Tampa charter

Going down to Tampa at end of month for a little vacation with the wife. Can anyone recommend a good captain to approach for a tarpin morning?

Thanks for any help

Rich

23" Hydra Sport (and a very ole jon boat)
ammo angler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Can anyone recommend a Tampa charter

I dont know about a tarpon boat but if you want a great time check out, Hubbards Marina in Johns Pass. They have GREAT party boats 1/2 and full days. even 3 day trips. Cool boats and the staff is AWSOME!!! you can catch fish all day! I had the record for the day trip of 238 fish. I went there every weekend when I lived there. They are so cool to fish with. If ou see a guy with red hair and a tatoo of a skeleton with a fish watch that guy and have him teach you. That guy will always be my fishing idol. He could pick a fish ( grouper, snapper etc.) off the bottom. Dont bet he cant choose, you will lose. He can even pick the type of grouper he pulls in. The most unbelivable thing you ever saw. It was $50 for a 1/2 and 90 for a full day when I was there. Have fun.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Sailfish

Default RE: Can anyone recommend a Tampa charter

If you're wanting to find Tarpon or other inshore species in that area, call this guy...Cap'n Bobby McGuire @ 727-744-8251.

He is highly recommended by a close friend of mine that area, Cap'n Pete out of the Chrystal beach area. Pete fished a tournament with this guy recently and got the winning redfish. I also hear he jumped 9 Tarpon last weekend.

let me know how it works out.
SolarFlare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in