Aqua Dream Living spoons - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Inshore Fishing / Surf Fishing > Inshore Fishing - General Q&A

Old 03-29-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Aqua Dream Living spoons

I like the way they remain relatively weedless and "feel light" with good action at slow retrieve speeds. I mostly troll them when I am headed back to the launch.

However, I lost out on the red I needed for the inshore slam on Saturday due to the shoddy hooks and this is the second hook I've broken. I don't see how to re-hook them either due to the lure design.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?
Any success re-hooking them?
Better spoon to buy?
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
White Marlin

I've got a box full of them and just haven't done much with them but I like the trolling idea. They are just not aerodynamic for long casts which is what you need here.

In my opinion, you can not beat a Johnson spoon. The design is proven and unbeatable for decades. You also can't replace hooks on them but I've never had one break and redfish love them.
panhandleslim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
Trigger

Well i just did what I should have done originally, and googled my problem. I'm given to understand that they had a bad batch of hooks from Eagle Claw originally and since I bought all of mine in one purchase, I likely got a bad batch. The gentleman who runs the company responded to a handful of posts on other forums and replaced the hooks or lures free of charge. There was a mixed bag of responses from people claiming they still broke, but at a lesser frequency it seems. Maybe I'll switch to the Johnson spoon? Thanks for the advice.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #4
Trigger

I placed an order to Aqua Dream for a replacement hook set and spare parts kit to refurb my broken spoons with the upgraded hooks. A day or two later I got an email from Capt. Mike saying that he had canceled my order and was sending them to me for free.

Great service!

Evidently if you have the red hooks on your spoon, you're good. Silver you might want to have them replaced.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in