Easiest, cheapest, fastest, toughest fly that catches fish - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > Boating Topics > Boating and Fishing Tricks and Tips

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By captken

Old 05-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #1
Blue Marlin

Default Easiest, cheapest, fastest, toughest fly that catches fish

It doesn't get much easier than this. The body of the fly is nothing but a short length (length to suit your taste) of parachute chord. Para chord is available in many colors these days but OD green is one of my favorites. I've caught several species of fish on these flies in salt, brackish and fresh water.
I'm attaching 2 photos. One shows the completed fly and the second shows the little gizmo that keeps the tail from fouling. I call the little gizmo protruding out from the tail a "Snazzle." My Dad kept his flies from fouling this way. In this fly, the "snazzle" is made of 20# Steelon but I usually use 30-40# mono.

I purposely fouled the tail around the hook to show the snazzle.
Attached Thumbnails
Easiest, cheapest, fastest, toughest fly that catches fish-fscn0647-jpg   Easiest, cheapest, fastest, toughest fly that catches fish-dscn0648-jpg  
DLo likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in