Red Snapper in Pensacola Bay tomorrow - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Reefs and Wrecks

Like Tree1Likes

Old 10-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Red Snapper in Pensacola Bay tomorrow

Please help out with any info that could help me locate some snapper tomorrow in Pensacola Bay. I will be on the water all day just want it to be a successful trip. Have a 20ft bay boat so should be able to get anywhere.
FishStalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
White Marlin

LOL! I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen a thread like this. A common resonse has been something like "you'd be more likely to get permission to sleep w/someone's wife than get his bay number's". The conventional advice is to "earn" your spots by finding them yourself. Troll around (you could pick up some nice fish too!) while keeping an eye on your FF for structure. Mark it, drop down a bait, and hold on!
Flounderpounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounderpounder View Post
LOL! I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've seen a thread like this. A common resonse has been something like "you'd be more likely to get permission to sleep w/someone's wife than get his bay number's". The conventional advice is to "earn" your spots by finding them yourself. Troll around (you could pick up some nice fish too!) while keeping an eye on your FF for structure. Mark it, drop down a bait, and hold on!
Wasn't looking for numbers bro just a point in the right direction man like what bridge or area to look around. It's all good though I understand big time that people like to keep it hush hush so I will hopefully be the squirrel that finds a nut tomorrow

Old 10-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Sailfish

It has taken me years to find snapper in the bay. If you find them you will also find the grouper. The key is structure. Trolling and watching the machine is how it's done. Put in the time and you won't want to give out your "areas " either. Happy hunting
dailysaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Sailfish

I'll give you a freebe 3 mile holds some huge very smart red snapper. Normally you won't catch them because most people don't target them they are a bi catch or a holy shit look what I caught. Use large white trout or croaker. They are extremely smart and saying that if you hook one it will be a stud. Best of luck let us know oh it goes
Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailysaw View Post
It has taken me years to find snapper in the bay. If you find them you will also find the grouper. The key is structure. Trolling and watching the machine is how it's done. Put in the time and you won't want to give out your "areas " either. Happy hunting
I am going on a buddy's boat once I have my own trust me I know how the dance works and I will be putting in the hour for sure. Just new to the area and didn't know if there was a really exposed spot like a bridge or something that everyone fished and knew about.

Tight lines fellas
Old 10-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
Sailfish

Send a message via Yahoo to TailRazor

Also a good way is to run up a ways and drift back down, found a bunch of my numbers that way.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailysaw View Post
I'll give you a freebe 3 mile holds some huge very smart red snapper. Normally you won't catch them because most people don't target them they are a bi catch or a holy shit look what I caught. Use large white trout or croaker. They are extremely smart and saying that if you hook one it will be a stud. Best of luck let us know oh it goes
Good advice. 1st bay snap I ever caught was on Bruce's boat at 3MB (or did he catch it...don't remember). Some more advice: use STOUT gear when fishing bay structure, and get 'em off the bottom pronto. They love to shoot into the structure if they can. That usually ends in a broken line, and no fish in the cooler (personal experience...).

P.S. For trolling, a Stretch 25 seems to work pretty well, while you are looking for spots. Bull reds, maybe a king, I even got a gag on one once.

Last edited by Flounderpounder; 10-13-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Flounderpounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
Sailfish

That snapper was all you Tom. After that experience taught me they were around. Just have to work hard to catch them.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
Sailfish

Wife & I use to catch them about a mile west of 3m bridge. Barely legal. There was always a lot of spade fish circling the structure..... One thing to look for.

Accutech Carpet And Tile Cleaning

850-529-1335
kelly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in