Private reef for sale - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Reefs and Wrecks

Old 03-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Private reef for sale

I had an artificial reef made by Reefmaker dropped for my personal use a little over a year ago. The reef is approx 30 miles south of Perdido Pass. I am the ONLY person who knows the coordinates. Last season, I fished it twice and it is holding fish already. I could barely get my bait down to it before a fish was on the line.

Anyway, I had to sell my boat that was stored at Zekes. I live in LA and I have no way to ever use this reef again. I am looking to sell the coordinates. Please make an offer if you are interested.
docmace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

I'll sponsor you but you must post a price per forum rules. Good luck, shouldn't take long to sell.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Sorry. Didn't realize a price was required. I paid over 1000.00 for deployment . How about $800.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Default Reef

Do you know what the depth is and how far out of Pensacola pass it is?
Hawaii 50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Grouper

and what is it a coop or a pyramid
TONER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Cigar Minnow

Reef is at a depth of 150 ft. It is about 1 hours from Perdido Pass. I'm not sure how far from Pensacola Pass.

It is a concrete pyramid. I think it is called a Florida Special. There is also a Fish Attraction Device extending vertically 50 ft. up from the top of the pyramid
Old 03-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #7
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmace View Post
I had an artificial reef made by Reefmaker dropped for my personal use a little over a year ago. The reef is approx 30 miles south of Perdido Pass. I am the ONLY person who knows the coordinates. Last season, I fished it twice and it is holding fish already. I could barely get my bait down to it before a fish was on the line.

Anyway, I had to sell my boat that was stored at Zekes. I live in LA and I have no way to ever use this reef again. I am looking to sell the coordinates. Please make an offer if you are interested.
What is the process to verify the reef and make the purchase?
paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to verify. As per the instructions when I had it dropped, I sent money and got coordinates in the mail. I can tell you that I have been to it 3 times and found it easily every time and I am by no means a professional navigator/boat captain.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

PM sent
Hawaii 50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
Cigar Minnow

I've gotten some requests for more information on this reef.

First, it was deployed after the gulf oil spill. It was set up to go before that and then the Gulf was closed for a few months delaying deployment. As soon as boats were allowed back out, the reef was deployed.

At this point, it has been down over a year. As I said in an earlier post, I went to it a total of 3 times last season. Each time I had a crew of 4 and we had our limit of red snapper very quickly. In fact, it was difficult to not pull up snapper. We also caught Amberjack and grouper.

I live in Louisiana. I am strictly a recreational fisherman. I owned a 28ft boat that made it to this reef with no problem. I no longer own this boat and I have no intention of buying another. This reef, if not sold, will just sit there holding fish.

As far as verification that the reef is really out there; I don't know what I can offer. If any of you have ever done this or know anyone who has, you will know that you don't get a receipt or any thing like that. I sent money to the Reefmaker and recieved a sheet of paper via certified mail with the coordinates of the reef. From that point on, I was on my own to find it. I did and I have found it all 3 times using my 1996 Furuno bottom machine. It is there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in