GPS #'s Pensacola - Destin Converted into .hwr - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Reefs and Wrecks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Smart but Stupid
Trigger
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Navarre/Destin, FL
Posts: 224
Default GPS #'s Pensacola - Destin Converted into .hwr

Hey guys figured I would try and make myself useful and convert all of the public reef data from Pensacola - Destin, FL State and Federal Waters. I converted most from .KML to .GPB "Google to Garmin" and then Converted .GPB to .HWR "Humminbird". I've included both .HWR and .GDB Formatted Files into the Folder or "GPS.ZIP" File, You can use GPSBabel to convert the .GDB "Garmin" Files to whatever you would like. Humminbird People save the Matrix Folder to your Memory Card & Insert into your Humminbird GPS and all Waypoints should pop up. Lowrance Users will need to Convert the .GDB to .USR.
All Programs are Free to download, All are Malware/Spyware Free. I Hope this helps a few people out

Reef information was pulled from the following
  1. RedLegs Post: https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...uly2011-93898/
  2. Okaloosa Website: http://www.co.okaloosa.fl.us/dept_pw_resources_reefs_loran.html
  3. Emerald Cost Reef: http://www.ecreef.org/reeftalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6
  4. Dive Spots: http://divespots.com
Used the Following Software *In Order*
  1. Google Earth: http://googleearth.com
  2. GPSBabel: www.gpsbabel.org/
  3. HumminbirdPC: http://humminbird.com
Download Link: http://navarrekiteboarding.com/downloads/GPS.zip

Screen Shots

Google Earth and HumminbirdPC


GPSBabel
appleguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Member
White Marlin
 
hsiF deR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bay County Reject
Posts: 2,632
Default

thanks.


I have got a question.i can convert the files from one format to another but my humminbird software won't read any of it. I used redlegs files with no problem. You said save the matrix file. What is that? cause I have been just saving the newly coveted file and it wont work. I'm hoping that's my problem.
__________________
Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
hsiF deR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
Senior Member
Grand Slam
 
lastcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lillian,Al
Posts: 6,661
Default

Make sure your using the same format your system is set to, you can switch back and forth. Cut and paste from a link.

You can use Excel's trigonometric and time functions to work with Latitude and Longitude values. There are two different ways express geographical coordinates. The first is to use a time format of degrees:minutes:seconds. This is the same format as an Excel time value. The other method is to use decimal degrees, representing values as the number of degrees as a real number. For example, the location 20 degrees, 30 minutes, 40 seconds can be represented as the time 20:30:40 or in decimal degrees as 20.51111.
__________________
Skip
lastcast is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Senior Member
Snapper
 
redlegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleguy View Post
Hey guys figured I would try and make myself useful and convert all of the public reef data from Pensacola - Destin, FL State and Federal Waters. I converted most from .KML to .GPB "Google to Garmin" and then Converted .GPB to .HWR "Humminbird". I've included both .HWR and .GDB Formatted Files into the Folder or "GPS.ZIP" File, You can use GPSBabel to convert the .GDB "Garmin" Files to whatever you would like. Humminbird People save the Matrix Folder to your Memory Card & Insert into your Humminbird GPS and all Waypoints should pop up. Lowrance Users will need to Convert the .GDB to .USR.
All Programs are Free to download, All are Malware/Spyware Free. I Hope this helps a few people out

Reef information was pulled from the following
  1. RedLegs Post: https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...uly2011-93898/
  2. Okaloosa Website: http://www.co.okaloosa.fl.us/dept_pw_resources_reefs_loran.html
  3. Emerald Cost Reef: http://www.ecreef.org/reeftalk/forumdisplay.php?f=6
  4. Dive Spots: http://divespots.com
Used the Following Software *In Order*
  1. Google Earth: http://googleearth.com
  2. GPSBabel: www.gpsbabel.org/
  3. HumminbirdPC: http://humminbird.com
Download Link: http://navarrekiteboarding.com/downloads/GPS.zip

Screen Shots

Google Earth and HumminbirdPC


GPSBabel
Other sources (if you care to fool with) are:
https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...44188/index14/
Miss ARL 11-2011

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...-44188/index6/
Texas thru LA coast, Bama reef program and Escambia County Reef Program (21 July)

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...-44188/index7/
Florida Wildlife Reefs Feb 2010

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...44188/index13/
Florida AR list 12 FEB 2011

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...may2011-91981/
Escambia Reef program as of 24May2011

HRW is not a format I converted any of the previous posts to.. I actually have waypoint listing for the entire US coast (Maine to Texas)but didn't see the need to post ..

/r

Last edited by redlegs; 09-14-2011 at 01:53 PM.
redlegs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Smart but Stupid
Trigger
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Navarre/Destin, FL
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegs View Post
Other sources (if you care to fool with) are:
https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...44188/index14/
Miss ARL 11-2011

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...-44188/index6/
Texas thru LA coast, Bama reef program and Escambia County Reef Program (21 July)

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...-44188/index7/
Florida Wildlife Reefs Feb 2010

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...44188/index13/
Florida AR list 12 FEB 2011

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...may2011-91981/
Escambia Reef program as of 24May2011

HRW is not a format I converted any of the previous posts to.. I actually have waypoint listing for the entire US coast (Maine to Texas)but didn't see the need to post ..

/r
Thanks, I was just bored and decided to post. I was giving you and other sources credit.
appleguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
Smart but Stupid
Trigger
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Navarre/Destin, FL
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiF deR View Post
thanks.


I have got a question.i can convert the files from one format to another but my humminbird software won't read any of it. I used redlegs files with no problem. You said save the matrix file. What is that? cause I have been just saving the newly coveted file and it wont work. I'm hoping that's my problem.
You can load the .GDB File into your HumminbirdPC Software and it will convert it into a .GPX File for you.
appleguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
Senior Member
Snapper
 
redlegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pace, Florida
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleguy View Post
Thanks, I was just bored and decided to post. I was giving you and other sources credit.
No worries, its all good. It's all about sharing the info and work with our fellow fisherman types..

redlegs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #8
Senior Member
Mingo
 
Freedom Won's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Navarre
Posts: 158
Default Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegs View Post
No worries, its all good. It's all about sharing the info and work with our fellow fisherman types..


Nice to see there are others like me... A beer is on order for you brother, thanks
__________________
"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

Lead, Follow, Or Get The HELL Out Of The Way!!!
Freedom Won is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
Senior Member
Grand Slam
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Offshore with the merMEN
Posts: 6,427
Default

Thanks for this...Just found it and uploaded to Google Earth.



aroundthehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
Kim
Senior Member
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,905
Default

BZ to you!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.