Clean Lionfish off your spot without giving up your# - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Reefs and Wrecks

Like Tree25Likes

Old 08-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Post Clean Lionfish off your spot without giving up your#

As snapper season is wrapping up, you may want to consider something. Lionfish are exponentially growing in the gulf at crazy#'s. See http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/no...cies/lionfish/
for more info.
I shoot these and sell them as my side hustle. I've read a lot of threads on this forum that express concern about giving up private #'s. I can understand fishermen's hesitation to giving there #'s to someone to dive. I have private #'s myself, and I'm very protective of those #'s.
So may I suggest if you want your spots cleaned you take me on your boat to clean your spots. Feel free to search me and my partner diver for portable GPS tracking devices. Hang onto our cell phones. Do whatever makes you comfortable with the fact that you are not giving up your #'s. All I want are the lionfish, so I can sell them and send them to market. As an added bonus I'll provide you a Go Pro video of my dive, so you can see exactly what is on your spot.
If your spots aren't hitting the way they used to or if you find you're fish are being caught more off the spot than on the spot then you probably have a lionfish problem. If your spot is in 80ft or deeper and has never been cleaned, you most defiantly have a lionfish problem. A lionfish problem means lionfish are taking over you spot.
PM me if you would like to discuss further.
MikeH, MaxxT and Fishing Grandpa like this.
amckeown30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #2
Mines Bigger
White Marlin

how deep will you dive?
Old 08-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Sailfish

Very ingenious offer, I will be in touch.
amckeown30 likes this.
tbaxl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #4
Trigger

Have a buddy that had this done, don't know if it was this same guy or not. He gave him the number and paid him like $125 or something. It was a coop he had paid to put down. Didn't even go fish it for 2 years, then once started fishing it, wasn't catching crap off of it. The diver killed like 70 lionfish off of it, said there were some triggers and one single red snapper. He feels confident the lionfish were the problem. Diver said if he gets it done once a year, it should stay clean. That next time they go do it there will be way, way less lionfish.
boomshakalaka is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
Grand Slam

Bull shit someone found it or bought it and it got fished out. Let me explain the BS. I have dove many spots cages and pirymids. Loaded with everything 25 lb sn, big triggers and lots of lionfish. Its close to the end of Sn season there isn't many unfished private spots. I stuck 25 lionfish and got two big sows last friday off one spot. I dove 5 other spots with only small sn and triggers.
Stressless and stevenattsu like this.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

about up to 140ft. how deep do you need me to go? if deeper may be able to get a friend that can handle to go with.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #7
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealark View Post
Bull shit someone found it or bought it and it got fished out. Let me explain the BS. I have dove many spots cages and pirymids. Loaded with everything 25 lb sn, big triggers and lots of lionfish. Its close to the end of Sn season there isn't many unfished private spots. I stuck 25 lionfish and got two big sows last friday off one spot. I dove 5 other spots with only small sn and triggers.
I guess for 4 years in a row that happened then. Good talk.
boomshakalaka is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshakalaka View Post
I guess for 4 years in a row that happened then. Good talk.
good talk

Last edited by amckeown30; 08-17-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

[

Last edited by amckeown30; 08-17-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typed in wrong thread trying to delete
Old 08-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealark View Post
Everyone knows it is electronic warfare out there right now with radar and technological advances in bottom machines and people scanning the bottom for a living. I can't do anything about that. I'm just after the invasive species that hurts us ALL, the ant of the gulf, the LIONFISH. I dove one 4 coupe spot last week that had over 300 lionfish and nothing else. Hopefully now that the lionfish are gone big Snapper and Grouper will move in to repopulate. I plan on diving this spot every 8months- year to keep it clean of the reef killing Lionfish. That's one enemy we can control if we work together.
bigrick and Fishing Grandpa like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in