between destin and navare bridge - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Reefs and Wrecks

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
Trigger

Default between destin and navare bridge

are there any reefs or wrecks in the sound/bay between destin and navarre....after a ton of looking i cant find anything...just one public barge in choc bay...thank you
cmg76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #2
JFG
Ruby Red Lip

Don't know about the sound, however there's two barges in the bay between Eglin and the Destin pass, the bay cones and several things folks have dump near there. Most of the wrecks shown on the charts have decayed or are buried. There is also the target ship east of the mid bay bridge, it's marked by a lighted buoy and the rudder quadrant still sticks out of the water.
JFG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Trigger

thanks for the reply...id love to make my own little reef in the sound close to my house any suggestions what would make a good one? christmas trees sure pulled in the fish up north lol

Old 11-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

There are tons of reefs in the sound...they are call docks! The sound between Destin and Navarre is really too shallow to hold anything worth while when you can catch the same things on the tons of docks around.

The closer you get to Destin Pass some reefs wouldnt be bad for mangrove snapper but for some reason those mangroves arent as thick as you near Navarre. But its not just as simple (or legal) to just toss out a reef and fish it!

850-810-2548

http://www.facebook.com/bitebackcharters/

www.bitebackfishingcharters.com
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
Trigger

yeah i have a dock where i live but i was thinking of dropping something in some deeper water..maybe the channel? theres even some deeper water i can hit from my dock..what do u think about that? the channel seems like it would be better...slowly drop stuff to create a nice reef? not sure what to drop..big rocks, christmas trees..etc? i would never do anything to hurt the enviroment which is why i am doing research...and im not trying to break the law just make a small fishing spot..i saw on older post the legal aspect of it and i assume thats so people dont dump something that could hurt the enviroment?

Last edited by cmg76; 11-14-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

The channel is NOT a place where its legal to drop something. Thats like dropping off your old couch in the middle of 98. The channel is there so boats can navigate safely and it would not be legal to drop anything.

Heck Im sure its illegal to put a reef anywhere in the sound. I wouldnt advocate doing anything illegal but if you really had to put in a reef, just make it around your dock. The best thing you could probably do if you dont already have one is to get a nice dock light or perhaps on of those submersible ones.

850-810-2548

http://www.facebook.com/bitebackcharters/

www.bitebackfishingcharters.com
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #7
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
The channel is NOT a place where its legal to drop something. Thats like dropping off your old couch in the middle of 98. The channel is there so boats can navigate safely and it would not be legal to drop anything.

Heck Im sure its illegal to put a reef anywhere in the sound. I wouldnt advocate doing anything illegal but if you really had to put in a reef, just make it around your dock. The best thing you could probably do if you dont already have one is to get a nice dock light or perhaps on of those submersible ones.
point taken channel is out...your right sound is no good i guess
Old 11-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #8
Chef Al
Mingo

Go a couple of blocks from any WalMart and help'em out by picking a few stray carts--and find a new parking spot for them out of traffic areas,
cmg76 likes this.
agbiv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
Chef Al
Mingo

I really meant boat traffic areas!
agbiv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #10
Trigger

Ha I know what u meant yeah I wouldn't put them anywhere a boat could hit them and picturing myself putting shopping carts in my suburban is pretty hysterical.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in