weather men and women - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Hurricane Help/Info and more

Old 11-11-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
Trigger

Default weather men and women

i no they want everyone to be safe but come on they start a pandemic and get everybody scared i no you cant predict the weather its mother nature so come on weather people i live in milton and they said we were gona get 4 to 6 inches of rain i bet we didnt get 2 inches just a bunch of head aches trying to get around town from all those scared people:nonono:nonono:nonono
love to hog hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: weather men and women

+1

its just pure greed. i get worked up thinking about it. with all the sophisticated equipment, they KNEW this wasnt going to be a big threat. they (the media including the weather channel) even had to go to the bag of made-up names or obscure titles to common weather pattern fallout so as to make it seem worse than it was. then all the guvment offices have to close. then the businesseshave to close. thencustomers cancel appointments.and prolly most in the private sector dont get paid or make squat. and for what??? i know there is 'better be safe' and all that, but this storm was never anything more than an early winter storm or some such. all of the hype so the media gets to sell more advertising. they KNOW we are captive to this type of news. if its a real threat, then by all means say so. if its just hype, they should be sued for loss of income for overhyping, like crying fire in a theater when someone only lit a cigarette. ok im done now.time for more coffee
725 W Garden St (corner of A and Garden)
791-6607
[email protected]
http://www.pensacolaimports.com
freespool50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Grouper

I agree, but I did however predict this one correctly. Even the entire season. Go back and look at the El Nino thread and the Are we gonna get wet from this one thread. If its not going to be a big deal I dont post about it. If you have any questions about any storm hit me on the pm. If I am in town I will help you out.

And yes, the general public has become lambs with the 24 hour news and now 24 hour weather network the shepherd. Too bad no one can think on their own these days

Owner, Gulf Coast Outfitters, LLC

http://www.gcoonline.com/

Like us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/GulfCoastOutfitters

http://twitter.com/GCOonline
Gulf Coast Outfitters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Snapper

I actually went out to the Hilton on the Beach when Jim Cantore was there, he asked if he could interview me, I said yes, the cameras started rolling, he asks what am I doing to prepare for this "storm".

It was at that point, I called him a Drama Queen, and responsible for $100,000's of lost revenues, and increased costs, just so he can improve the Nilson ratings on his pathetic "news" site.

That they falsely increase the severity of any given storm in order to drive people to their station, this improves viewership, and allows them to charge more for advertising, as the advertising charges are based on number of potential viewers.

Guess what, my interview didn't make it on to National TV.

Then I tried to get on with the locals, they wanted nothing to do with me, not even to ask me about why I said what I said to Cantore, it is all about the advertising dollar, more eyeballs pointed at the screen, more money charged to advertise on that channel.

Skippy

Skippy
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #5
Grouper

Nice job Skippy, I will shoot him a text to see what he had to say about it.

Owner, Gulf Coast Outfitters, LLC

http://www.gcoonline.com/

Like us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/GulfCoastOutfitters

http://twitter.com/GCOonline
Gulf Coast Outfitters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

Way too funny! I can just see Skippy in his proper Scottish accent layin in to Jim. I would pay to see that!
Old 11-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Grouper

Quote:
Skippy (11/12/2009)I actually went out to the Hilton on the Beach when Jim Cantore was there, he asked if he could interview me, I said yes, the cameras started rolling, he asks what am I doing to prepare for this "storm".

It was at that point, I called him a Drama Queen, and responsible for $100,000's of lost revenues, and increased costs, just so he can improve the Nilson ratings on his pathetic "news" site.

That they falsely increase the severity of any given storm in order to drive people to their station, this improves viewership, and allows them to charge more for advertising, as the advertising charges are based on number of potential viewers.

Guess what, my interview didn't make it on to National TV.

Then I tried to get on with the locals, they wanted nothing to do with me, not even to ask me about why I said what I said to Cantore, it is all about the advertising dollar, more eyeballs pointed at the screen, more money charged to advertise on that channel.

Skippy

Skippy
clap:clap

WELL SAID
725 W Garden St (corner of A and Garden)
791-6607
[email protected]
http://www.pensacolaimports.com
freespool50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
Mingo

Everyone needs to earn to a living, and this years threat of storms was not there, the weather channels viewing is down, so yes, a little storm occurs, and they have to blow it up to make up for a dead season.

Everyone has the right to work, and if you do not like the broadcast, press the remote to another channel.

But then Skippy also has a valid point as well.
Rooster21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
Trigger

it's kinda hard to do if just about every chanell you look at is telling about it LOL:letsdrink
love to hog hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
Grouper

Okay okay okay. The news reports that I saw stated that there was a good chance of the storm weakening drastically before it made land fall. If you look back to the thread before the storm, asking what everyone had heard, you will see that many folks on here werent expecting much of a storm. Now the storm has passed, and everyone is saying that the weather people stirred up a huge pot of histeria. I dont get it. Yes, they wanted everyone prepared, but from what I saw, they didnt say anything about needing to prepare for a horrible storm.

Forecasting is not an exact science. It is an educated guess based on the data they are able to gather. They do their best and get pretty close most of the time. Some times changes in the air will happen, just before a storm is suppose to hit us, and that will drastically change the storm, weakening or strengthening it. I just dont agree that it was the meteorologists that caused any histeria before the rain we got from this. I do know that the media causes all kinds of hyped up drama, but this time I dont think that was the case
roofordie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in