Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

This ride should be fun...

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Telum Pisces 
#1 ·
Just checked in on the storm... maximum 65 mph sustained winds and coming right at Navarre... Lucky us... Also, son's house is on Blackwater and he has a 4' 7" elevation. Guess I'm gonna be busy for a while after this storm passes. Sorta wishing now that I had buttoned up as a direct hit ain't gonna be no fun... :whistling:

Update (5 pm EDT Sunday): The NHC has shifted its forecast toward the slower UKMET and GFS solutions, calling for a landfall midday Monday between Pensacola and Panama City. A storm surge watch remains in effect from Navarre to Crystal River, Florida. Up to 4 feet of inundation is possible in locations where Alberto’s storm surge happens to coincide with high tide. The approach of Tuesday’s full moon will add to high-tide levels.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_a...,15700149,15700168,15700186,15700191,15700201

#4 ·
Heck, this is going to be a little blowing and maybe 2-3' above normal tides. You can only control what you can control! Don't get too spun up about it. You have my number though. I'm a bachelor right now till tomorrow. Wife and kids are in Jacksonville visiting family. I have nothing going on if you want a hand with anything!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.