Neighbors dog keeps getting out - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Hurricane Help/Info and more

Like Tree7Likes

Old 03-06-2016, 12:20 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Neighbors dog keeps getting out

Damn neighbors dog keepsproblemg out and "terroizing" the neighborhood. It's a damn Chihuahua and gets out about 5-7times a week!!

The problem is, is that he's a non stop Barker..and sets my dogs off inside my house, runs about 5 houses down to "attack" people as they check their mail, people running, etc.

I've tried to run over the damn thing several times but I keep missing! Okay, kidding about that...but I have crossed my fingers a few times when cars drive by.

It's ran into my garage before to "attack" me while I'm working on cars.

I just a few min ago had the last straw. A lady down the road was walking her German Shepherd (friendly dog) and her about 3month old baby. Damn dog got out and started "attacking" the German Shepherd who is obviously now lunging to get to the damn ankle bitter...and practically dragging the wife behind him.

The owner is clueless and doesn't do anything...been almost a year of this shit. I finally asked her in a very irritated voice what was going on, is there a hole in the fence or what? I planned to fix her damn fence myself. She said he digs under.

What can I do? Is there anything I can do to help prevent the dog from digging under? I'll do any work needed to, to just solve the problem. Preferably a nice way as she is my direct neighbor. If there's nothing else, what kind of legal options do I have?
holicori is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
Sailfish

accidentally posted in wrong section, meant for "off topic:
Old 03-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #3
White Marlin

one verify that the dog actually is digging out.
Offer to put either chicken wire or contrete blocks in the ground under the fence.
also might want to point out she is responsible for any damager harm caused by her pet
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #4
Snapper

Default Start calling animal control

Take pictures, and establish a relationship with animal control. Keep a log of when the dog gets lose, barks incessantly... I had to do this in SR county after a single guy with two beagles in our subdivision would terrorize the neighborhood with non stop barking and frequent attacks. He left them to their own devices most of the day. It usually is a clueless owner who has no business owning a pet, not the pets fault.

Funny how home owners insurance and such will not provide dog coverage for a homeowner if they own a certain breed, but the worse offenders about bites and such are smaller breeds. Dachshunds are the worse (I owned plenty).

I do commend you for trying to fix the problem with the fence. I believe in SR county, they fine the owner after X number of verified complaints. After two events, the fine grows larger.

For the barking, they do make ultrasonic devices you can plant out side near the fence that activates when the dog barks. The problem is that your own pets are penalized for the little yapper.

Good luck.

BnB
GatorBane likes this.
boatnbob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2016, 08:27 AM   #5
Blue Marlin

Default Simple solution.

Place a mouse trap (unbaited) by the hole. Better yet, 3 or 4 mouse traps. If that doesn't work, put a little sardine oil on the trap--again right by the hole. Keep snapping that critter until he decides staying home is more fun.

To be a good neighbor, fix the fence first.

If nothing works, use a live trap. Please note that I do not advocate dropping trap with dog off a bridge.

If I lived closer, I'd offer to bring my rooster over. He can out run the dog and will think nothing of kicking his butt.

If the dog's property abuts yours, string an electric fence.

My girl friend had a barker next door when I lived further south. Neighbors went to work and the dog barked all day. They said they could do nothing about it so I did it for them. I made a recording of the dog barking, put it in my electronic crow call, turned the volume to high, plugged the crow call into a timer set for 3AM. I woke up the neighborhood 3 times before they got the message.
69Viking and boatnbob like this.

Last edited by captken; 03-09-2016 at 08:32 AM.
captken is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #6
Sailfish

Lol, I do like the part about recording it and doing it to them at 3am. I would do some shit like that. I've actually had problems in my neighborhood about dogs barking very late at night. I drove around and found out which house, and repeatedly rang the doorbell at 12:30 at night and informed the owner how unpleasant it must be to constantly be woken up late at night.

However, the dog digs in multiple places every time...its not just 1 set. The house is across the street..but both neighbors say he comes into their back yards as well. It's obviously just a completely shitty neighbor that won't do shit to control her dog...I hope she never has any damn kids or the school system, and the S.R. police will be taking care of her kids for her!

Anyways, I ordered some stakes online. They came in the mail today, and tomorrow Im going to place them around her fence (about 6" deep) and then send her a bill in the mail.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

You can try putting things by the fence, Blocks or Boards to help keep the dog in alittle more... Maybe tell the owner to scoop its on poop up and throw it along the fence line.. Dogs dont like to dig in there own poop...
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

Default Catch the dog in a live trap.

Tie a note around his neck with any threat you are comfortable with.

It isn't the dog's fault so don't harm the dog.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:24 AM   #9
Sailfish

I had this problem years ago. contacted A control and had to have 2 neighbors to file a complaint not just 1. we did and the problem was solved.
Hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #10
White Marlin

I had a bundle of left over shingles & I lined under the fence with them. I threw a little dirt back on them to hold them down & cover them up. When the dog would try to dig the rough shingles didn't feel to good on his paws.
stc1993 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in