Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Hydraulic steering

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Curtisimo81 
#1 ·
Ok so since my other boat needed wait to much i picked up another hull this weekend. The issue I’ have now is the boat came with hydraulic steering. The cylinder is there and moves fine when the wheel is turned. The issue is, I don’t have any other parts to hook it to my motor. It’s missing the actual bar and hardware to hook it to the arms of the cylinder. Do any of you know what that is actually called so I can see if i can purchase it without having to order a whole new set up? Thanks again for all the help!

#5 ·
Here are the pictures. I put the motor on but mine was cable driven. I would much rather the hydraulic steering but if i have to just use the cable from my other boat I guess I will. If you need any more pics let me know. Thanks again for your help. Oh and btw the motor isn’t done I have metal plates to install to offset the stress on the trasom!!!!

Attachments

#7 ·
Thanks! ill send him a PM. The engine is mounted just have to remove and seal top bolts and put the aluminum plates on. But yes it is a mess. The guy I bought the boat from had the motor removed professionally and they didn’t give him all the hardware for the steering. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

#8 · (Edited)
Go to Seastar site Find a exploded view of your system......order the parts and install.

Personally....I've quit using Seastar......and if someone is in the market...I recommend Uflex..........You can mix their parts as I did to eventually have all Uflex as the Seastar stuff sprung leaks.

http://www.seastarsolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/296221H.pdf

Also you may call them to get a exploded view of that ram with all its part numbers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.