Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Honda 2004 BF 225 VTEC

914 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  canygaar 
#1 ·
Looking at a Cape Horn 21 with this power and have no experience with Honda, thoughts?

#5 ·
Ron has a good point. However, I would only repower if required. Those motors are expensive!

Does the current owner have maintenance records, specifically looking for annual + 100 hour service. Has service been done by a Honda certified mechanic. Not required but a good idea. How many hours are on the motor? I personally want to see a decent amount of hours on the motor bc is shows the engine has been used regularly. As always, make sure you get a Honda certified mechanic to look it over prior to purchase. Posner Marine is local. Harbor View may be Honda certified as well.

I have a 2004 BF 225 VTEC Honda on a 23 Proline Sport. I owned the boat for just over a year. 1 previous owner. It hasn't given me any huge issues. I will say that I’ve had to replace the trim tilt motor + fluid and I’ve gotta get an oil leak fixed. It’s at Posner getting that issue fixed and the annual...$$$$

All that being said, I wish it had a Yamaha. But, I like the motor. Hasn’t failed me yet. It can’t be too bad. It’s what the Coast Guard uses!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.