World's Largest Army! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 05-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Default World's Largest Army!

OK, my pops sent this in an email. I snoped it and found no contradictory info, so if someone else finds something don't hessitate to post it....I thought it was a purty interesting story!!!

True story and most people will never know it.

Here’s an interesting side bar. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River . Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships…...all fighting the Germans. So, why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer…...they know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

The world's largest army... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .
Allow me to restate that number.
Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
More men under arms than in Iran .
More than in France and Germany combined.
These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters,
All of whom have now returned home.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that
The hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?
America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
Food for thought when next we consider gun control.
Frank H ComstockUSMC/SSgtChristian SoldierConservative PatriotVolunteer Courier, Nat'l Bone Marrow Donor Group

True story and most people will never know it.

Here’s an interesting side bar. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River . Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships…...all fighting the Germans. So, why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer…...they know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

The world's largest army... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .
Allow me to restate that number.
Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
More men under arms than in Iran .
More than in France and Germany combined.
These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters,
All of whom have now returned home.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that
The hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?
America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
Food for thought when next we consider gun control.
Frank H ComstockUSMC/SSgtChristian SoldierConservative PatriotVolunteer Courier, Nat'l Bone Marrow Donor Group
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Sailfish

Interesting
sniper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Grouper

Maybe a militia but not an army.

No tanks, aircraft, ships, artillery, etc.

Mostly old fat men armed with 1930's technology.

Joraca
Joraca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Reel Insurance
White Marlin

Sadly enough, a fleet of UAVs could take out half the homegrown malitias. We need less surface to air missle restrictions for the average 9-5 guy. Jeeze
Kenton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
WW2
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenton View Post
Sadly enough, a fleet of UAVs could take out half the homegrown malitias. We need less surface to air missle restrictions for the average 9-5 guy. Jeeze
++1
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joraca View Post
Maybe a militia but not an army.

No tanks, aircraft, ships, artillery, etc.

Mostly old fat men armed with 1930's technology.

Joraca
Agreed. I think it's rather insulting, not necessarily to Japanese soldiers, but to our own soldiers/military to compare them with amateur hunters. These guys go through training for a reason. Pretty sure this is just another sensationalized myth that is spreading around the internet. Just like the stories of China's army having 200 or 300 million in their infantry. Although they do have about 1.5 million more servicemen than we do.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
DLo
White Marlin

Yeah...its not like the old fat hunters would show up and fight and die for freedom...I mean where in the world would something like that happen...especially against an established professional army. Its just internet myths....
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
Grouper

I never said they wouldn't show up and fight, but if you think a bunch of militia men would stand a chance against artillery you're insane. They'd wipe out 100,000 guys with rifles in an instant. This is all pure conjecture. I think it's cool that our people would stand and fight, but I doubt we're the only country in the world that would do that. I just seriously doubt that's why Japan didn't invade. People love to sensationalize things, especially right now for some reason. Just be thankful they didn't, and we're here.

Last edited by Buckethead; 05-31-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 08:12 PM   #9
Sailfish

Jason, cool fact, with some validity.

Americas Hunters and armed home owners are a potential militia/fighting force if SHTF. Way more capable than a nation of chumps holding steak knifes and shovels.
Mike aka FishWerks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 09:47 PM   #10
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
I never said they wouldn't show up and fight, but if you think a bunch of militia men would stand a chance against artillery you're insane. They'd wipe out 100,000 guys with rifles in an instant. This is all pure conjecture. I think it's cool that our people would stand and fight, but I doubt we're the only country in the world that would do that. I just seriously doubt that's why Japan didn't invade. People love to sensationalize things, especially right now for some reason. Just be thankful they didn't, and we're here.
A bunch of uneducated schmucks with AKs and IEDs have been going at it against the greatest military the world has ever known for over ten years now with no end in sight.

An armed populace WILL make a threat, foreign or domestic, think twice.
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in