World Ford? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Default World Ford?

I'm looking to order a new F-150. I'm particular and don't mind waiting a couple months.

I priced a F-150 with USAA and the prices were below Dealer Invoice and Incentives at 3 dealerships. Basic work truck, Crew Cab, with the towing package, middle motor with limited slip, a few old man convienence packages, but I prefer rubber carpets and vinyl seats.

World Ford $24771 plus $599 document fee

Treadwell Ford (Mobile) $25171 plus $399 document fee

Hollingsworth Richards Ford (Baton Rouge) $ 24371 plus $100 document fee.

I'm certainly not sure if an "ordered" vehicle would be more though I see no reason for it.

I'd prefer to buy locally... any opinions on the dealers?

Jim
jim t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
White Marlin

The only one that rubbed me the wrong way was hubcity in crestview. The dealership in FWB was good to me but I heard bad things. Their job is to sell cars so they would have to piss some people off to stay in business. I ended up going with a Nissan though. My best advice to you would be to go on www.edmunds.com They have a list of every make along with what the average price being paid is and what incentives are there including dealer incentives which is a big deal b/c it's in play. I always offer $500 over invoice + the prep crap and subtract the incentives. Also remember if you finance the dealer can and will legally add 2 or 3% over what the bank approved you at. Don't think your in the clear once you make it to the finance office b/c thats where they can get you.
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
Auburn Grad - 1999
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullshark View Post
The only one that rubbed me the wrong way was hubcity in crestview. The dealership in FWB was good to me but I heard bad things. Their job is to sell cars so they would have to piss some people off to stay in business. I ended up going with a Nissan though. My best advice to you would be to go on www.edmunds.com They have a list of every make along with what the average price being paid is and what incentives are there including dealer incentives which is a big deal b/c it's in play. I always offer $500 over invoice + the prep crap and subtract the incentives. Also remember if you finance the dealer can and will legally add 2 or 3% over what the bank approved you at. Don't think your in the clear once you make it to the finance office b/c thats where they can get you.
Why in the world would you offer $500 over any number? They can sell below invoice. I just bought a new 2010 sierra for well below invoice....invoice is nothing but a number on a piece of paper that some finance manager put together to show you how good a deal your not getting....oldest trick in the book. Plus that extra prep fee..thats automatically printed on the paper is nothing more than money in their pocket.

Peach Ford in Brewton and Johnson ford in atmore might be worth calling. Less population to compete against.
Grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 12:55 AM   #4
Blue Marlin

Jim, Ques.. Why are you looking for new, if your just wanting the cheap stuff.. Why not go out and buy an 07/08 truck with less then 100K?
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

I know, I know... but there is something about "NEW". I hold on to a car/truck for 10 years or so. Plus I don't like paying for something I'll never use, or an option I don't want.

The "new car/truck" thing is certainly a disease that dealers prey on. But I cannot buy a "used" car or truck unless I know the owner.

Jim

Jim
jim t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #6
Blue Marlin

Like Bobby Says.. (xshark) Just cause it's new does'nt mean its worth a damn.. I've got an 06 GMC Crew Cab, got the ext. Warranty on it, had many things go wrong with it which they fixed under warranty.. 84K miles come's (out of warranty then) and the tranny blows...ahaha.. Now you can buy different warrantys from places out there for stuff like this.
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 01:56 AM   #7
Snapper

ROB.... You bought another truck.....

You must love payments!

Ive got to bite the bullet soon myself.... Wifes Explorer is almost 20 years old......
BOHUNTER1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
a
Sailfish

Default world ford?

Ive purchased 5 vehicles from world ford in the last 5 years......now they want $5000 to replace a head gasket for the second time......hello Aaron?
a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Sailfish

I just bought a new 2011 F250 last week. I will never step foot in world ford again. Although i think they mean well, and I know they are just trying to do their job and sell a vehicle, they are full of s#(#. jacked me around for over 2 days. They are a smaller ford dealership compared to others, i.e dobbs, treadwell, etc. I know in the car business the bigger dealerships have more room to get things done. Called a guy at treadwell at 1030 am and he had me in a truck a few hours later. Mine was a little more difficult because it was commercial titled but I swear dont waste your time going to world ford. I even got more truck for the money at treadwell. worth the 40 min drive. My salesman was earnest lamb, super nice guy.

Last edited by ?MEGA; 09-10-2010 at 09:30 AM.
?MEGA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #10
Auburn Grad - 1999
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOHUNTER1 View Post
ROB.... You bought another truck.....

You must love payments!

Ive got to bite the bullet soon myself.... Wifes Explorer is almost 20 years old......
The new smell went away in my other one.

No what really happens wuz I went down there to look and next thing I know they have knocked $11,000 off the sticker and offered me $800 less than I paid for my toyota that was 1 year old. I had to buy it....it a disease steve...it hereditary....you should know this by now. Have you ever seen my dad in the same truck twice?

Last edited by Grassflatsfisher; 09-10-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in