Work Boots - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 04-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Work Boots

Hey guys,
I'm in search of some new work boots, I have been using a pair of timberlands for about 6 months and they are nearing the end. I work maintenance, and would like something waterproof/resistant. I can't really afford to drop $300 on a pair of red wings, so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Ben
Apollo46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default boos

tony lama at summerdale western ware.
CHUMM BUCKET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
Snapper

Try Academy Sports and Outdoors. They have many different types at good prices.
acoustifunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
Sailfish

Default Boats? Boots?

I am probably the only guy who thought you were only getting 6 mos out of a work boat I gotta look closer...

Brent
Old 04-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
little ol me !
Snapper

I have been wearing a pair of Justin Work boots for the last 4 years. They make a slip on style, as well as a lace up style. All leather, steel toes, non-slip soles, and some sort of reinforced bottom, not sure if its steel or fiberglass or what. I have had them resoled 2-3 times.

With the all leather, you can work in some good Kiwi and make it somewhat water resistant....I have stood in puddles several inches deep, and not gotten wet, but that is after Kiwi'ing them up for a while.

I had the Slip on style, till work decided that they did not approve of a "cowboy style" boot, so I got the Lace up pair now.

Should run you about 80-100 bucks a pair. I got my last pair at the Circle J in Chumuckla.
billyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
Trigger

I just upgraded my Timberlands To the Timberland Pro Titans. They have the alloy toe and are sooooo much lighter and more comfortable than normal steel toes. These are the hikers and weigh less than a pound a piece. Look on Altrec . com You can get them for $100 delivered. I would suggest to anyone who spends all day on their feet.
Barnacle Brain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
Sailfish

I am a construction worker and buy a pair of the Georgia Boot Co farm and ranch flat sole slip ons every October. I wear them to work every day, hunt in them and dont wear any other shoes except to church. Should cost about $110 a pair. Put mink oil on em before you wear em, put another coat once a week for 3 weeks then every 3 months, they will wear out in about a year. Very comfortable and easy to break in. Best one Ive evr worn.
Lyin Too is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
Grouper

What is your primary use, maintenance inside on concrete, outside on dirt/sand? It may make a difference what you want to buy?? My main work was on a concrete floor with many caustics around me all day long so what I wore was something that stood up to those kinds of conditions. I had no need for steel toes so I didn't buy boots with steel toes or shanks.

I wore Justin mulehide workboots with a near flat non-slip walking heel for many years when I had my body shop going. If a pair of boots can take the solvents, strippers, acids, and other nasty liquids along with paint thinners of all flavors and keep on walkin' and stay comfortable all day long, I have to give them a big thumbs up. I wore out 3 pair of mulehide boots in a total of 20 years of doing body work, teaching body work, and raising and training quarter horses and appies and I really think that what you buy and how much you spend is up to you. I am saying that, for me in the conditions that I had to work in, those Justins were the very best and I honestly don't have another boot with which to compare them. I never felt the need to switch from what kept my feet comfortable all day long and held up for years if I took a little time to take care of them with oil and cleaning once in awhile.

Good luck on your search, BTW, I wore Timberland boots in the mountains for traction and never had a single complaint about them. But the boots I used at work weren't good enough for hiking in the mountains nor were the Timberland boots worth much in the body shop or around the stables and barn lots. You need to give your main usage some thought before you buy.
Framerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

I have wore pretty much every boot you can buy and I would wear them out in 6-8 months. For the past 4 years I have wore Georiga Boots and they last me 12 months. My work give us a clothing allowance and I buy boots and jeans this time every year. I just picked up my Georiga steel toe wellingtons the other day and like the last 5 pair I have are very comfortable. They run $120-$140 depends where you buy them. The only other boots I can get a year out of is Red Wing, they run about the same price range.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #10
Grouper

I mostly work in condos, combination of walking and standing on my feet for quite a long time. Any recommendations on places to buy, should I go online or local?
Apollo46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in