Where's your tax money going - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Where's your tax money going

After 8 years of employment at the same company and 14 years of continuos, employment without any gaps I found myself unemployed 6 months ago. I went from $50,000 plus a year to $1000 a month which was split in half by my child support. So $500 a month was my bring home pay from unemployment.after a month I applied for temporary foodstamps to help out with the lack of income. After a month of waiting I was at the grocery store spending my whopping $16 a month foodstamps .!!!! I've never been on any government aid, I have two children, my 6yo son plays football and my 8yo daughter is a cheerleader. So in the middle of this 6 month stint without a job I had to cover my half of registration and equipment , both of there birthdays came and I gave both my youngins a good bday, school started and I covered my half of the school clothes, we had to get tires and alignment for the jeep, my fiancées birthday cost me a iPad, and we went to New Orleans for a group trip that was booked before I lost my job. Needless to say my savings is as close to non existant as its been since I was 17, and last week when I was hired and informed that I would need to supply my own truck to work out of my 401k was hit to keep me from having to work out of my lifted jeep wrangler. I've busted my ass all my life and when I needed help I was given $125 a week for 6 months and $16 bucks a month to eat on. To top it off for the first couple months I was off I had a condition called drop wrist due to a pinched nerve that I was left floating the dr bills for. I'm past a little agitated ,I'm F---ing pist. Time after time in the line at Walmart I watched baby factories that were decked out in the nicest clothes , freshest hair cuts , and flawless acrylic nails slide the same American flag card through that machine that I had in my wallet , but instead of the $16 a month that me an my children were allotted they had hundreds of dollars worth of the best viddals that MY TAX MONEY could buy. This system is severely flawed at best!!!!!!! I have always had strong feelings about the way these pieces of shit are playing the system like a fiddle , but now that I've seen what that same system will do for me if I need it , I am disgusted and outraged!!!! Not only does it make it easy for sorry people to live ghetto fabulous, when people that need it for temporary relief try to get it it pisses in the face of the very people that keep it up an running. And now are you ready for the icing on the cake. I was turned down for several jobs because because of the current laws , tax breaks , and penalties its become a act of congress for a company to hire a white male because our government punishes these companies for putting a non minority to work!?!?!? WTF? Well I'm done ranting but election time is coming an I know there are people out there that haven't had the unfortunate experience of dealing with this bull crap, so I wanted to share my experience. Something's gotta give because the way things are isn't worth a damn . The next time you look at your check stub look at the deductions and think about where that money is going !
surveyjoe4025 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Grouper

Default Thanks joe

Thanks for insight and feel for u and others who are not protected by governments. mentality to right a wrong done before our time ,to help people in need is correct,not to coddle a segment of society that sits and enjoys charity as a birth right ,the organization that encourages this is to blame and the peaple who expect it ,i am not a racist just dont like to support that mentality ,and downgrading of those that try ,I'm voting and encourage others to vote to improve this society in a way to help those that help them-self . My two cents worth,maxfold
maxfold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Duerwood Willis
Sailfish

Wirelessly posted (My Phone)

Sorry for your hard times!

This system is so broke, we reward the ones that do nothing and penalize the ones that work.

I have to sorry ass sisters, both have 3 children and don't work but a few hours a week. Both of them together have worked less hours in their life then I work a year. My oldest sister (37) has never maid over 10k a year but will bitch for months for only getting 6k on her tax return.

My youngest is a hair stylish thanks to the government footing the bill for the education. She does not work because any income she makes will reduce her food stamps and she'll lose her child care vouchers. To sum it up, the government pays for her kids to sit in after school care for her to hang out with her friends or to have some rest without the kids......

This crap drivers me insane
Gnwdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Grouper

That's a damn shame brother! It's unbelievable whats happened to this country. I just hope and pray there are enough of us left to vote out the main problem next month. Good luck and God Bless America! (It is still legal to say that isn't it?)
big blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyjoe4025 View Post
After 8 years of employment at the same company and 14 years of continuos, employment without any gaps I found myself unemployed 6 months ago. I went from $50,000 plus a year to $1000 a month which was split in half by my child support. So $500 a month was my bring home pay from unemployment.after a month I applied for temporary foodstamps to help out with the lack of income. After a month of waiting I was at the grocery store spending my whopping $16 a month foodstamps .!!!! I've never been on any government aid, I have two children, my 6yo son plays football and my 8yo daughter is a cheerleader. So in the middle of this 6 month stint without a job I had to cover my half of registration and equipment , both of there birthdays came and I gave both my youngins a good bday, school started and I covered my half of the school clothes, we had to get tires and alignment for the jeep, my fiancées birthday cost me a iPad, and we went to New Orleans for a group trip that was booked before I lost my job. Needless to say my savings is as close to non existant as its been since I was 17, and last week when I was hired and informed that I would need to supply my own truck to work out of my 401k was hit to keep me from having to work out of my lifted jeep wrangler. I've busted my ass all my life and when I needed help I was given $125 a week for 6 months and $16 bucks a month to eat on. To top it off for the first couple months I was off I had a condition called drop wrist due to a pinched nerve that I was left floating the dr bills for. I'm past a little agitated ,I'm F---ing pist. Time after time in the line at Walmart I watched baby factories that were decked out in the nicest clothes , freshest hair cuts , and flawless acrylic nails slide the same American flag card through that machine that I had in my wallet , but instead of the $16 a month that me an my children were allotted they had hundreds of dollars worth of the best viddals that MY TAX MONEY could buy. This system is severely flawed at best!!!!!!! I have always had strong feelings about the way these pieces of shit are playing the system like a fiddle , but now that I've seen what that same system will do for me if I need it , I am disgusted and outraged!!!! Not only does it make it easy for sorry people to live ghetto fabulous, when people that need it for temporary relief try to get it it pisses in the face of the very people that keep it up an running. And now are you ready for the icing on the cake. I was turned down for several jobs because because of the current laws , tax breaks , and penalties its become a act of congress for a company to hire a white male because our government punishes these companies for putting a non minority to work!?!?!? WTF? Well I'm done ranting but election time is coming an I know there are people out there that haven't had the unfortunate experience of dealing with this bull crap, so I wanted to share my experience. Something's gotta give because the way things are isn't worth a damn . The next time you look at your check stub look at the deductions and think about where that money is going !
I'm glad that you are back on your feet, but you are criticizing people for the same kinds of things that you took advantage of. Nice blame game.

I say that as a person who has never lost a job, never been unemployed, pays for his own stuff, and does not like seeing "freeloaders" in the line.

As far as the minority hiring, give us all a break and admit that you might be bitter that you didn't get a job that somebody else was more qualified for, minority or not.

aroundthehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
Grouper

Default Government regulation

See thats the thing about government regulations it makes it harder to get benefits you where unemployed 6 months most of the folks you see in line at the local walmart have made careers out of doing nothing and just like another career it takes time to build a decent salary see if you were 4-5 generation welfare dependent you would. Have had your benefits since birth but you started a little later in life. Best of luck to you all kidding aside I hope your are able to find meaningful work and get back on your feet soon.
billin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #7
Sailfish

SurveyJoe, what is you skill set? Send me a pm if you want.
Mike aka FishWerks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in