What do you try to Accomplish when buying your wife a Gift? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 03-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.
Default What do you try to Accomplish when buying your wife a Gift?

Got a big one coming up......

I am not good at buying gifts for her, but I would really like to learn.

Help a brotha out....

What do you try to accomplish when you are shopping to buy your wife a gift?
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to amarcafina Send a message via MSN to amarcafina

Any thing that will make her smile !!!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
Sailfish

BOOTY OF COURSE!!!

Brent
Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
Trigger

Shock and Awe is what I try to accomplish, I usually fail. One time I was at Innerlight looking at the ladies' dresses. She always likes those. Then I saw they had bikinis in that area. The guy said "it's a brave man that tries to buy his wife a bikini". A couple other people in my general vicinity looked at me like, "step away kid". I didn't look at the bikinis anymore.

Anyway, one year, I got her a weekend at the Hilton on the beach, all by herself. She LOVED it. I told a couple of my friends that are female that I was amazed and how happy she was to have a weekend in a hotel by herself. They were all jealous. Apparently, they like to get away from us every once and a while. This was a great shock to me because there is always hell to pay when I step away for a while.
jw1973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.

Now there's an Idea.

I have already learned something, thanks for the effort to help, it is much appreciated.
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
Grouper

I try to watch and listen a little closer when a gift giving occasion is coming up. She loves to read so this past year for her birthday, I got her a Kindle and a case for it. Best gift I ever gave her. Personal and useful.
GENTLE WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
Snapper

I always wait until I can afford something she can be proud of...which is why even though I spent three months pay on a wedding ring, she still smiles when people comment on how pretty her ring is. The practical side of me says that she has to wear it often, so if its something she might wear rarely, then I'd suggest getting something else she will use, if she uses it, she will appreciate it even more.
Ardiemus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #8
Sailfish

For a "romantic" effort, I usually SUCK. So for an anniversary (10th or 15th I forget) I bought her a colorful candle of "recycled" wax. She loves candles so I thought she would think I was really trying to get her something I knew she liked.

The real gift were some rather small but large for our budget diamond ear rings.

I used my soldering gun to melt a pair of holes straight in on the top and dropped one ear ring in each.

You could not tell the candle had been tampered with.

Well I gave her the "gift" to open. she didn't seem real impressed. I took it from her and lit it. Shortly after all hell broke loose and the feces impacted the wind generation device.

She went off on me about the "Cheesy cheap ass" candle I got her for such an important date.

I let this go on for quite some time before I told her to just blow out the damn candle so we could go get something to eat...

She says "There is something in my candle... About that time the first one slid on the molten wax and onto the plate the candle was sitting on...

Tears welled up in her apologetic eyes... I don't remember what she ordered for supper but she will tell you it was a heapin' helpin' of well served CROW!!!

Man, she really took the guilt hard and sure tried to make up for it . My feelings were genuinely crushed as I thought she would see the candle as a true attempt to get her something she would like no matter the cost. Heck, I am guilty of buying her dishes, vaccuum etc for gifts... I have even bought her fishin' gear and firearms as gifts even though I knew she had no need for them... She knew I did it so I could use her stuff so it wouldn't just gather dust.

Brent

Last edited by hogdogs; 03-16-2011 at 10:56 PM.
hogdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #9
White Marlin

What I have learned is what not to do. 1) don't get her anything she needs unless she asks for it. 2) nothing to do with working out. Nothing! Regarless if or if not she is only 115lbs. 3) no gift cards. To forget is better. 4) don't buy anything to wear unless it's dirty.
What to buy: 1) jewelry even if it's ugly she can still tell her friends. 2) a spa day with a friend. 3) a spa/night at a hotel with a friend. 4) flowers/dinner/chick flick.

What I shoot for is not to hear about how bad my gift was later when hunting dues come up.
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
Sailfish

Does she get pampered alot, if not then a spa trip with all the fixins is a great way to go. Its a day to her self and she gets to come home feeling relaxed and beautified. What ever you do make it come from the heart she will appreciate it the most.

http://www.bayoujoes.com/

Team Hoo's ur Savior Hillcrest Baptist Church
inshorecatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in