This week I buried my mother. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 11-30-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
Grand Slam

Default This week I buried my mother.

On Saturday night my 56 year old mother died instantly of an anurism. My children had spent the day with she and my father and were watching a movie in the living room while my parents settled into bed to talk a little. At 9PM, she breathed her last. My dad threw her to the floor and started CPR while at the same time tried to call 911. Because the call would not go through, my 8 and 6 year old daughters were called to the room and told to go get the neighbors.They called me immediately. I drove from Gulf breeze to the west side of town much too fast while praying that my mother would be OK. I arrived to see the medics roll my moms body...hooked up to machines...while performing CPR all the way to the ambulance. The look on my dads face told the story. She was not going to make it. Moments after arriving at Sacred Heart we heard the flat line and we knew that the most amazing woman in the world entered into eternity. I must tell you,if you have never lost someone so close to you...you cannot understand the pain. We felt like our entire life had come to a sudden halt. You see, she was not just my mother...she was my father's world. Mychildren's world.As I read the post tonight about how to propose marriage and saw such depressing remarks Ifelt compelled to say it is not supposed to be as they described.I saw my mom and dad love each other pasionately and faithfully for 36 years...well, almost.Tommorrow is supposed to be their 36th anniversary. My parents were always faithful to each other, and taught their 3 sons what marriage is supposed to be. Take it as you wish, but what I saw and what I and my brothers are duplicating is marriage the way it was designed to be. One woman for one man for life. You see, God created the first marriage with Adam and Eve. He then said we were to love and honor our spouses above all else. Marriage is not a 50-50 deal. It is a 100-100 deal. It is not selfish, rude , proud, or many other things that people make it. It is sacred. I say this so those who are considering marriage will think hard about the decision and then movecautiously with the person they choose to spend their life with. I conducted the funeral and will post it in the morning for those who might want to hear of an amazing women. Not a perfect women...just an amazing one. You have never seen a more broken family than ours at the loss of my mom. Broken for our loss...not for her eternity.. You see, she knew the God of the universe...she's now in His presence because she placed her faith in His Son. We are at peace even in the midst of such a terrible event because we have this Hope. Check tommorrow for the funeral audio...more than 550 people were in attendence! Listen to what her sons said about her. Love your wife. Call you mother and tell her you love her. You may not get another chance. Thank you.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
Grand Slam

Default RE: This week I buried my mother.

Oh My God, My prayers are with you. She was WAY to young. :angel

I say this with a heavy heart that MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.
Deeplines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 AM   #3
Trigger

You have my sympathies for your loss.

The world is a lesser place when wonderful people...people who raised their children to be good parents, good spouses, and good citizens...leave this earth. It wasn't just you that was blessed by the wonderful parenting you received. Everyone around you benefits from their dedication and sacrifice, and will as long as you carry on their outstanding legacy of living a life based on solid family values.

Thank you for sharing your painful story. As much as loss as this is to you, wewho read your post areblessed to be reminded that thereare still parents like yours raising children in this country, and that many of those kids stillgrow up to appreciate and follow the solid example they were given.

I hope you and your familyare comforted in your grief by the surety of Christ's promise.

May God continue to bless your family.

T/R
The Raven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2007, 01:52 AM   #4
Mingo

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
Triple C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2007, 02:33 AM   #5
Cigar Minnow

It is with deep sadness that I express my heartfelt sympathy in the loss of your Mother.My thoughts and prayers are withyouand your family. May God give youthe strength and comfort that you need to get through this difficult time. God bless you all.
BITCHERINA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2007, 03:08 AM   #6
Snapper

wow man i am terribly sorry for your loss. i cant even imagine what you and your family are going through right now. i will keep you all in my prayers
offshore64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #7
Trigger

Sorry for you and your family's loss. She sounds like a really great person.
leeprice72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
White Marlin

Prayers for you and your family. May the good Lord see you through these days of mourning.
231 Proline WA (sold )
1902 Century Bay
14 Rogue Skiff
14 Big Jon Duck Boat
17 Pierre Marquette canoe
11 Ocean Kayak
H2OMARK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #9
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Iknow ya'll's family is strong by the way you talk brother, I'm very sorry fer ya'lls loss but we know she is in a better place... Prayers for your family brother:angel:angel:angel

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #10
Praedator
Grand Slam

Man, that was one of the hardest reads. It sounds like you are dealing with it in the best way possible. This is such a tragic event that I could not ever fathom. I too wonder about the people out there that treat marriage as something that can be broken and disposable. I am very sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in our prayers.
Telum Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in