Warm weather heats up the idiot drivers... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 03-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Warm weather heats up the idiot drivers...

I have not lived in the area for long (couple years now), but it has become apparent to me that the percentage of morons on the road increases EXPONENTIALLY with the warm weather.

I was going home last week, and had a little car make a u-turn in front of the line of cars I was in, and the lead car went into a skid and was smoking tires due to locked up brakes trying to avoid an accident.:looser

I just got back to work from lunch today, and I had a guy in a suit driving a little black toyota car that almost ran me off the road. I was within 200 yards of my left turn, so I had gotten into the left lane in preparation to exit into the median turn lane. This idiot flew up alongside me (probly 65 mph)and recklessly sling-shot his car through a gap and got in front of me. Nevermind that he had to slam on brakes because he was now behind an 18 wheeler. Nevermind that the speed limit is 45 MPH on HWY 98 in Gulf Breeze. Nevermind that he was in a car that might weigh 1500 pounds, playing chicken with a truck that weighs 6500 pounds.

I let him know that he was an idiot with a nice long blare of my truck horn. He actually had the nerve to slam on his brakes, and gesture like a mad man for me to get into the slow lane. Of course, I already had my blinker on to turn left, so I did not oblige him in his mania....

<U>All this is just more evidence to my theory that the heat fries the remaining brain cells of idiot drivers on HWY 98. Monkeys could do a better job of driving than these bozos.</U>

During the peak of summer, there is a wreck a day on HWY 98 between walmart and Grand Point subdivision, sometimes more. I have seen people carted off in lifeflight helicopters, some in bodybags, and most in ambulances. I hear the fire department deploy ALL THE TIME....

And it is ONLY 45 mph. God help us if it was 55 mph!
angus_cow_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Warm weather heats up the idiot drivers...

Hwy 98... couldnt pay me to live off it
choppedliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
Sailfish

Quote:
choppedliver (3/19/2010)Hwy 98... couldnt pay me to live off it
Oh come on! You know that your dream house is 10 feet from HWY 98 at the corner of walmart! LOL oke
Old 03-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Sailfish

i will have to agree with the idiots. Thursday Two dodge Dakotas kept pulling in front of each other and slamming on brakes not just for a second i'm talking smoking tires comming to a screeching hault on hwy 90 @ copter Rd. They did this about 6 times and nearly wrapped me up in them twice. Thursday Night as i was comming over the 90 bride to Pace Some idiot in the left lane decided it would be funny to hang out there and go slower and slower and slower needless to say I am not the one to mess with on the road, especially in the left lane they acted like an idiot to the wrong person, because now they have a busted out passenger &#119;indow. you would be amazed @ what damage a projectile at 60 mph can do to glass. (oh yea i know its illegal to sling things out the window but it would have been a lot worse had cuz caused me to hit him)
capt'n slim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Yepper there are some major idiots out here.....Heck you definitely have to watch out fer the other person.....:doh:letsdrink

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #6
Ruby Red Lip

Spring break, gotta love it.
broxson16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
Sailfish

This kind of behavior seems to last well beyond spring break, though.

The 45 mph speed limit on 98 through gulf breeze is COMPLETELY ignored till at least september or so. 65 is the new 45!:nonono
Old 03-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Sailfish

sorry jason..its not just women drivers lol
Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
WW2
Sailfish

My personal favorite is when I am in the RIGHT lane doing the speed limit and someone passes me on the left only to cut me off to get back into the right lane to make a right hand turn and I have to slam on my brakes to not ass end them.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
Grand Slam

Quote:
capt'n slim (3/20/2010)i will have to agree with the idiots. Thursday Two dodge Dakotas kept pulling in front of each other and slamming on brakes not just for a second i'm talking smoking tires comming to a screeching hault on hwy 90 @ copter Rd. They did this about 6 times and nearly wrapped me up in them twice. Thursday Night as i was comming over the 90 bride to Pace Some idiot in the left lane decided it would be funny to hang out there and go slower and slower and slower needless to say I am not the one to mess with on the road, especially in the left lane they acted like an idiot to the wrong person, because now they have a busted out passenger &#119;indow. you would be amazed @ what damage a projectile at 60 mph can do to glass. (oh yea i know its illegal to sling things out the window but it would have been a lot worse had cuz caused me to hit him)
If I am reading your post correctly, you threw something out the window and busted their window because they weren't going fast enough in the left hand lane ? I drive that stretch of road everyday and I can guarantee you that behavior like that can get you killed. You better cool your jets. It's not worth it.

Now, if I were the person with the busted window and saw this post, I would bring it to the attention of the police who would find out who you are. You would then be in more trouble than you can imagine.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in