http://www.eyeblast.tv/Public/Video.aspx?rsrcID=2036
Crappie1962 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008, 12:39 AM   #2
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Default RE: A Video on Obama

I got through five minutes and have to see any reason to not vote for him.

His wife isn't proud of her country? So what? Neither am I.

His pastor said that "Barrack knows what it's like to be a black man in a nation controlled by rich white people."

No shit and I know what it's like to be a reasonably well off white guy in a country controlled by ridiculously rich white people. So what?

There were a shit ton of folks who didn't like Kennedy at one time and these days you would think he shit gold bricks and gave each of us the damned recipe.
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 12:52 AM   #3
Grouper

That is a pretty eye opening video there.
user207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
DLo
White Marlin

"His wife isn't proud of her country? So what? Neither am I."

I'd probably have kept that to myself if I were you. A lot of people here, me included, might take exception to that.

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.”
-Winston Churchill
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
WW2
Sailfish

Is it a requirement that you must be proud of your country no matter what it's doing?????

I am proud to be an American, but I am damn sure not proud of some things she has done lately. Just like you cheer on your favorite football team, you can still find faults in decisions they make. Trust me I know, I am a KC fan.

We are not alone on this planet and we must take the higher road. So many on here claim to be Christian and state that our nation should embrace Christian values. And yet, when someone goes against the grain or threatens us, half of you "Christians" discard most or all of your teachings and act like we have the right to do whatever we want. In God We Trust are not just words and it means exactly what it says, trust in the words put down by God and we will prevail. And again I point at the latest posts on here about Obama and the lies and spin.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 12:01 PM   #6
Grouper

Quote:
DLo (7/31/2008)"His wife isn't proud of her country? So what? Neither am I."

I'd probably have kept that to myself if I were you. A lot of people here, me included, might take exception to that.

You're confusing love for pride and while there are many great things about the USA, there are areas in which we suck.

My biggest problem with Americans is that we, as a whole, are too cheap and shortsighted. Shopping for the cheapest WalMart crap is not good for our country and letting your kids raise themselves behind a Nintendo with a mouth full of coke and candy isn't our strongest suit.

Why our are kids behind others in terms of nearly every academic area? Are you proud that a typical 5th grader doesn't know or care who Benjamin Franklin was or where Washington DC is on a map? I'm not.

Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Xanadu (7/31/2008)
Quote:

You're confusing love for pride and while there are many great things about the USA, there are areas in which we suck.

My biggest problem with Americans is that we, as a whole, are too cheap and shortsighted. Shopping for the cheapest WalMart crap is not good for our country and letting your kids raise themselves behind a Nintendo with a mouth full of coke and candy isn't our strongest suit.

Why our are kids behind others in terms of nearly every academic area? Are you proud that a typical 5th grader doesn't know or care who Benjamin Franklin was or where Washington DC is on a map? I'm not.

Hal, I wouldn't waste your time w/ this shit.
Shakedown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Grouper

Quote:
Shakedown (7/31/2008)
Quote:
Xanadu (7/31/2008)
Quote:

Hal, I wouldn't waste your time w/ this shit.

Agreed, but a little historical education might help people judge things rationally and make voting decisions based more on fact that bullshit.
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

How does the ignore list work? I think I need to put it to use.
joelarbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 PM   #10
Sailfish

facts and issues are no longer important to most voters

they wanna see obama in a turban and get all scared or McCain in a wheelchair or whatever

nobody wants to focus on the damn facts and actual plan each of the 2 we are stuck with to get us out of our war, recession and 19,000 other problems.

no let's look up stupid pics on the net and listen to the blathering retards on what the media likes to label "news channels"....there is no news, only opinions from talking heads

the system is broken and no signs of it being fixed
hebegb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in