Use this button for Pictures - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
Praedator
Grand Slam

Default Use this button for Pictures

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top>

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_lblFullMessage>I keep seeing posts everywhere asking how to get pictures to show in your post. You use this button instead of adding an attachment. It looks like a triangle with a dot. It will allow you to upload a picture directly or let you provide a link where the picture is located. It also automatically sizes the pictureforyou and will insert the picture where your curser is at. Happy posting. Now let's see some fishing pictures and reports in the report sections.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Telum Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Use this button for Pictures

It's NOT hard... as a matter of fact... just point to it andit WILL tell you... INSERT IMAGE!! VERY EASY!!!

I am wondering why... when you post several pictures... say 4 or 5... they keep going sideways? .... so you STILL have to drive to Mississippi to see them???? :banghead
SheYakFishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
Praedator
Grand Slam

Quote:
SheYakFishr (10/3/2007)

I am wondering why... when you post several pictures... say 4 or 5... they keep going sideways? .... so you STILL have to drive to Mississippi to see them???? :banghead
Pam,

Make sure that your cursor is where you want the picture to go. After you put the first image in the post the cursor actually is shifted next to the picture, on the right. So unless you hit enter to go to the next line, guess where your next picture is going. So just make sure to hit enter between uploads of multiple images to get the picture on the next line instead of next to the other images.

Jon
Old 10-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
White Marlin

still am having trouble...my cursor is set in my thread...i pick the picture icon...browse to my drive and double click...it's in the there and "add picture" or "close window"...well, "add picture" has no indicator...only the "close window" does....what's the second http:// box for? i know it's a link to but i'm just trying to post a picture....:doh
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the worked are so formidable as the will and moral and courage of free men and women. It is a weapon adversaries in today's world do not have". -Ronald Reagan, USA
Ultralite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
Praedator
Grand Slam

Quote:
Ultralite (10/3/2007)still am having trouble...my cursor is set in my thread...i pick the picture icon...browse to my drive and double click...it's in the there and "add picture" or "close window"...well, "add picture" has no indicator...only the "close window" does....what's the second http:// box for? i know it's a link to but i'm just trying to post a picture....:doh
What browser are you on? What are you saying by the "add picture" has no indicator? Do you mean that you can not click on it and it does nothing? Once youfind the picture on your hard drive, it should just allow you to click "add picture" and then that box will close and the picture will be in your post that you are making. The second box is for a picture that is hosted on the internet somewhere else. You just put the URL for the picture in that boxand it will show up as a picture in the post instead of a link to the picture.

Jon
Old 10-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
Mingo

let's see if it works....sure does take a long time to upload....resizing taking place?

fisherick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM   #7
Praedator
Grand Slam

Quote:
fisherick (10/3/2007)let's see if it works....sure does take a long time to upload....resizing taking place?
It is uploading and sizing at the same time. So it depends on how large your file is to begin with as to how long it takes to complete the process. Even my large pictures do not take more than a few seconds. Which is a huge improvement to the old picture processor that would take forever to re-size my large pictures.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
Sailfish

Jon... it wasn't me... I was asking about the traveling to see the pictures... in the kayak forum... check it out... I was wondering whatcaused that... guess you told me.. laffs.. I had thought the new process would eliminate having to drive far.... heh heh heh I didn't want to end up doing the same thing... so it's something everyone will have to learn.. get use to.
SheYakFishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #9
White Marlin

Quote:
What browser are you on? What are you saying by the "add picture" has no indicator? Do you mean that you can not click on it and it does nothing?
jon,

at work i have IE...it's the "attach image" and when i hover over it there is no "hand" like there is over "close window"tried other pictures on my "C" drive with the same result...
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the worked are so formidable as the will and moral and courage of free men and women. It is a weapon adversaries in today's world do not have". -Ronald Reagan, USA
Ultralite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Praedator
Grand Slam

Quote:
Ultralite (10/3/2007)

jon,

at work i have IE...it's the "attach image" and when i hover over it there is no "hand" like there is over "close window"tried other pictures on my "C" drive with the same result...
You should still be able to click the "Add Image" even though it does not change the cursor. Mine doesn't change either, but I can still click it to proceed.

Jon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in