Truck scare - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 11-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #1
Apex
Sailfish

Default Truck scare

I was driving back to tallahassee last night and my whole rearend when out on me. My drive shaft broke and Im gonna have to get a whole new back axle. the ring gear and the pinion blew out of my rear differential and the leaking oil caught fire. Scared the hell outta me but the fire went out when it burned all the oil up..could have been bad. Its in the shop right now gettin evaluated..i havent heard back but im just goin along with what I saw. I just hope it doenst cost an arm and a leg to get fixed.
God, grant that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast, I then most humbly pray: when in the Lord's great landing net, and peacefully asleep, that in His mercy I may be judged "as good enough to keep."
SouthernAngler is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: Truck scare

Dang son! AI had one lock up on me onetimeI was drivingdown the road at about 60mph. It locked up the rear end and I was lucky to keep it out the ditch!
BLKFLYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Very lucky you are. I have a very close friend (in fact I talked to him last night) that when he was in High School he had a 57 Chevy, souped up to the hilt. He was going down a two land highway doing about a 100, stupid as kids do. Well his drive shaft broke at the front universal. When it fell down ithit the seam at a bridge and caught. Where upon the rear of the car left the road (rose up on it's nose) and when he came to rest it was sitting on the rear bumper. The impact had ripped everything from the front of the drive shaft back, off the car. Came to rest about a 100 yards beyond the point of impact.:banghead:banghead:banghead

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
Trigger

What kind of truck is it? I just had all my fluids changed including the rear end. When I went to pick it up the tech pulled me aside and showed me pieces of metal that he found on the plug. Clutch springs in my posi-traction had broken. THe truck had 59,000 miles and still under warranty (of course Dodge first attempted to wiggle out of it). They tried to say it happened from me spinning the tires which has never happened.
leeprice72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
Sailfish

Had a Dodge P/U rear end blow up also and also had a tough time with Chrysler for warrantee. The motor let loose at 72thousand and they would not warrantee it. Put a junk yard motor in it and traded for a F250. Put 232thousand on it troublefree! Now I have an 07 f150 man it rides like a car.:usaflag
Old 11-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #6
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Quote:
leeprice72 (11/6/2007)What kind of truck is it? I just had all my fluids changed including the rear end. When I went to pick it up the tech pulled me aside and showed me pieces of metal that he found on the plug. Clutch springs in my posi-traction had broken. THe truck had 59,000 miles and still under warranty (of course Dodge first attempted to wiggle out of it). They tried to say it happened from me spinning the tires which has never happened.
And if it did in fact happen that way SO WHAT.:banghead

Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
Trigger

?????? A bit hostile this morning? Mainly just wanting to see if anyone else had experienced the same issue.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #8
Blue Marlin

Quote:
leeprice72 (11/6/2007)?????? A bit hostile this morning? Mainly just wanting to see if anyone else had experienced the same issue.
I think Tuna Man is trying to say if it did go out cause of you spinning the tires they should still cover it. Same thing happen to me with a new 1997 dodge truck. They tried to say my rear end broke because of me spinning the wheels. Took me a couple of four letter words and telling them if dodge trucks can't handle a tire spin then maybe I need to start telling people about it then I got a new one.
Murphy's Law is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #9
Grand Slam

Jole.....Exactly...thanks.If they can't handle the heat stay the F*** out of the kitchen.:Flipbird

If a truck (rearend) can't hold up if the wheels spin, you better never tow a boat larger then a jon boat. I will guarentee at some time, at some ramp the tires WILL spin trying to get the boat out.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #10
Trigger

Ok I understand now, I just totally misinterputed your answer. Glad to know your not hostile this morning. TO elaborate more on the issue Dodge first told me that your supposed to change your differential fluid every 15,000 miles. I had not so they may not have validated my warranty. BUt if you look in the factory scheduled mainteninance it never says anything about it in the "A" service plan until 60.000 miles. BUt it does say it in the "b" service plan. So I told them it is not mentioned in the A plan and the service managertold me never to go by that plan.BUt at least it enforced my standing. If you went by the B service plan your truck and your bank account would live at dodge.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and you guys have a good day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in