Thanks Costa Repair Shop!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Thanks Costa Repair Shop!!

First off, I know not everybody likes Costas and some have even had bad experiences with the repair shop. However, I love mine and am impressed with the repair shop.

I purchased the Ponce frame in white almost two years ago which was discontinued soon after. So I was pretty disappointed when I dropped mine back in July and chipped the frame. After further inspection I also noticed a hairline fracture in the left eye piece. I was hoping the crack would constitute a free pair since the chip was my fault.

I filled out the repair form online and sent them in, not even mentioning the chip. About a week later they called and said they could not repair the chip and didn't even mention the crack...which I had identified on the repair form and that they could not replace it with Ponce frame since they were discontinued. They did say that I could choose any frame as long as it wasn't something special like the Kenny Chesney brand and had the same lenses as my original pair, which were 580G blue mirror, and pay $11. Great deal.

I ended up going with the Caballito in the new clear frame. The only complaint I have is I wanted the green mirror which cost another $99, but it still saved me buying a new pair at $219. New pair should be here in about 5 days after choosing the new frame. Couldn't be happier with the customer service department at Costa!!

Thanks for reading and sorry if I rambled a bit.
EODangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
White Marlin

Good to know...i love mine best glasses ever IMO.
jcoss15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Grouper

Default costa's

Glad someone is having good luck with them, i sent them 2 pair one 400 with a broken lense and a pair of 580- fathoms with the arm/rubber gone and one arm broke this was in july have got 2-3 emails from them with back order bs and still no sun glasses they have had both pair on july 5 and still have them wth slow repair
tljbabc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tljbabc View Post
Glad someone is having good luck with them, i sent them 2 pair one 400 with a broken lense and a pair of 580- fathoms with the arm/rubber gone and one arm broke this was in july have got 2-3 emails from them with back order bs and still no sun glasses they have had both pair on july 5 and still have them wth slow repair
I sent them a pair of tortoise shell 580 hammer heads and they sent me back black 400s after a month. The only reason they made it good is the guy I got em from ( dealer ) order straight from them and they had record of his order, otherwise I'd have been stuck with black 400s instead of tortoise 580s. But I do love their glasses.
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
Snapper

Cost me 80 bucks too.
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
White Marlin

Yeah, I buy their inferior products and have to send them off repair (for more money and time) to get mine fixed too, man they are great people.
Hydro Therapy 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
Snapper

Buy Guidelines. Half the price, twice the quality. They also honor their word.
tabasco40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #8
Mingo

I had to send my costas off and they were great. Never have had a problem with them.
drumin80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in