Thank you for Prayers and thoughts - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 08-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Thank you for Prayers and thoughts

First of all, Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.
As far as an update..... As some may remember, last year aug 11, I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer with spread to lymphnodes and liver. They were able to remove the 9cm tumor from my colon as well as app 14" of colon. The surgeon was truly gifted and I was able to escape having a colostomy. I was told I had 8 cancerous sites on my liver. Smallest was 1.5 cm and largest was 2.5 cm. We began chemo with an initial plan of 6 months/12 ttreatments. The chemo began working, so although rough, we continued past 6 months. 8 months later,I was getting much stronger and there were only 7 sites and the largest was less than 1.5 cm. The chemo was tearing my body up though, so the dr cut me down to just one chemo med from 4. Well I have began feeling pretty weak lately so on aug 8(one year later) we did another CT. The next day the Dr told me that the cancer has rapidly progressed in the last 3-4 months. There are 2 new sites and the smallest is now only 2.5 cm. The 2 new ones are almost 4cm each and one is in the center of the liver near all vital blood flow. We decidded to hit it hard and fast in an attempt to slow it down. He put me back on 4 meds with2 previous ones and 2 new to me. 2 days later I was admitted to sacred for weakness and dehydration. (The dosage was TOO strong). After about a week, I was released home. For the firsttime in my life I had to swallow ALL pride and humilty and admit I could not do it myself. You NEVER truly know the meaning of humility until your own family has to help you to the bathroom or when you have to be cleaned and bathed by a family member. I am getting stronger and able to finally eat and shower. My main thought continues that if the chemo is doing this to me as a whole, it HAS to be kicking cancer cells butts.

I am posting a new video that everyone should try to watch by martina mcbride. It is about cancer and I warn you, if you have EVER had anyone affected by cancer, it is VERY emotionally hard to watch. Again, Thank you for your thoughts and prayers..... Jimmie

FishingMedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Sailfish

Jimmie. Hang in there brother. I'll be praying for you. Fight the fight ......
joebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
Mingo

We'll be praying for you Jimmie. Keep the faith!!!
bottomfeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

I can tell you that Jesus is the Great Physician. Call upon him while he is near. He will hear and answer you.
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
White Marlin

Awesome message. Hang tough dude....lots of love and prayers comin' your way!
Flounderpounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
Sailfish

Jimmie, standing beside you all the time my friend
Old 08-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
Grouper

Thank you again for the thoughts and prayers. headin in tomorrow for second round of the new chemo meds. The dosage will be slightly smaller after last times rreactions. Please continue to keep the prayers and hope that next week will be a little easier. You guys are the BEST. Since I can't go outside yet, computer is basically it for passing time. Loving the reports.....Thank you for the great posts
Jimmie
FishingMedic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
Sailfish

Jimmie, I dont know you personally but thought I would pass this along. A year ago my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. The Cancer had attacked her in many area's but mostly on the Liver. With medical care, PRAYER and FAITH she is much better. The Cancer is not gone but it's no longer growing and she is out playing tennis. I honestly believe that strong faith, great attitude and lots of prayer is as if not more important than a good doctor and or Hospital. Keep the FAITH.
Home & Business Security
and Surveillance Systems
Pensacola, FL
[email protected]
FLbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #9
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMedic View Post
Thank you again for the thoughts and prayers. headin in tomorrow for second round of the new chemo meds. The dosage will be slightly smaller after last times rreactions. Please continue to keep the prayers and hope that next week will be a little easier. You guys are the BEST. Since I can't go outside yet, computer is basically it for passing time. Loving the reports.....Thank you for the great posts
Jimmie
Send your wife by for some porchettas on the house.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
White Marlin

Our prayers are still being sent from our Home to yours. God bless and we're praying for a speedy recovery for you.
CurDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in