Tebow???? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Tebow????

I am definately not a UF fan, but I have to give credit where credit is do, I do think Tebow is a great athlete, but the real question is how long will he stay at UF before turning pro???? Will it be this year??? or next?? or how many people think he will actually stay 4 years and get a degree???
Caspr21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Tebow????

What position would he play in the NFL? If he went out this year as a QB, it would be a huge mistake.
FizzyLifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
Sailfish

i dont see him staying far past next year. he is young, and talented, but I did love to see him when get got his bell rung a couple of times against lsu
Old 10-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

Quote:
Caspr21 (10/7/2007)how long will he stay at UF before turning pro????
The kids is a big boy. Think he will get picked up as a QB. There are too many aging QB's out there that are destined to roll out. That and those that will be seeing bars soon. NFL will be looking for theguy at some point.

I think he will sit around another year and try to raise his stakes by shooting for the Heisman. Will be fun to see what Auburn can do again to him next year :doh
JustJosh'n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
Cigar Minnow

long time lurker first time poster.

From what I understand the college/nfl rule are that a player must be out of highschool at least 3 years before he can turn pro. So that will leave him with at least one more year. He is def a gamer on the field but i'm not sure if he would make that great of a quaterback in the nfl right now. He reminds me of Eric Crouch from Nebraska who played 0 games in the NFL. just my .02 cents.

kevin
fshslyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 11:37 PM   #6
Topwater Bluefish fan
Sailfish

Quote:
JustJosh'n (10/7/2007)
Quote:
The kids is a big boy. Think he will get picked up as a QB. There are too many aging QB's out there that are destined to roll out. That and those that will be seeing bars soon. NFL will be looking for theguy at some point.

I think he will sit around another year and try to raise his stakes by shooting for the Heisman. Will be fun to see what Auburn can do again to him next year :doh
'fraid you won't get your chance. auburn's out of rotation with Florida.
Baitcaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #7
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

I happen to know that first of all he is a fine christian young man and he says that he is not going pro. That he is staying in college and finishing his degree
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 12:40 AM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
JustJosh'n (10/7/2007)
Quote:

Good for Auburn that they DON"T play Florida next year.clap
mekell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 12:51 AM   #9
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

First, the kid is not an athlete, he's a freak of nature who will only get better.

I've been following him for the past few years, the News Journal has done several stories on him because he beat the crap out of a few local teams to get a state title or two.

He'll get a degree. He'll stay at least three years. And he will go into the NFL in a top 10 pick. This all of course is after his minimum one Heisman, maybe two.

Until the Auburn game, he was the front runner for the Heisman on a lot of ballots.

I think whoever mentioned the three-year High school to NFL rule, you're right but I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay for four years if there's another shot at a title or ANOTHER Heisman.

And just for the record, I really hate Florida.

But, as a Bears fan, I also hate Green Bay but think very highly of Brett Favre. Pretty much the same deal, gotta respect talent and a good person.
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #10
Sailfish

Tebow is going pro, it is just a matter of time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in