Tattoo Parlor want's oil $$$$ - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
CCC
Grand Slam

Default Tattoo Parlor want's oil $$$$

I have now heard it all. I guess EVERY business in the gulf coast deserves money from BP. Just watched the news and a local tattoo parlor has taken out a full page $3,000.00 news paper add stating that he hasn't got paid from BP yet. Will someone PLEASE explain to me how a tattoo parlor lost money because of an oil spill ????? Oh I know, people were losing money therefore they couldn't afford to get their ink on, so now BP owes these guys ! How about it is a [email protected] economy and everyone nationwide is suffering whether you were close to the oil spill or not. In the words of Don Henley GET OVER IT, the big bad world doesn't owe you a thing. When your alarm goes off get up every morning and go to work, quit waiting for your rainy day check, to come in and save the freaking day. I will say again, if you were DIRECTLY AFFECTED by this tragedy then by all means I hope you get paid, but some low life losers will always think something is owed to them.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
Grouper

Hey, I resemble that remark. Before the spill I was paying for a tat by the letter. Got as far as MO and now can't afford THER. Now everyone thinks my name is Mo.
TheCaptKen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
2019 Hobie outback
White Marlin

if u want my 2 cents i think the tattoo parlor deserve money just like any other business. tourist stop coming because of the oil and there for they stop having as many people come in and get tattoos!
bbarton13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
CCC
Grand Slam

So then your logic is that EVERY business on the gulf coast should get paid ? You do realize this is the worst economy since the great depression even without the oil spill ????
Old 05-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
Sailfish

ANY BUSINESS TO LOSE PROFITS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SHOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR THEIR LOSSES BY THE CRIMINALS THAT CAUSED THE SPILL!!!! BP AND BP ONLY!!!

Not only tourists who didn't come here and eventualy by a tattoo... But what about the restaurant employee who could not afford a tattoo when he lost 60% or more of their income.

Lawn maintenance companies lost work when oil field workers, restaurant workers and everyone else lost income and had to revert to mowing their own lawn...

Hair salons lose work when waitresses could no longer count on tips to pay for cut/color/perm etc... and some had to do their own nails rather than pay for a professional.

If the losses are a result of BP intentionally increasing the risk of a catastrophic spill, Then they need to pay the folks they harmed...

$20 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to the TRUE LOSSES!!!

Brent
Old 05-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

I can not imagine any town as a tourist destination to get a tattoo.

I could see a decrease in business from locals that might have been laid-off from a tourist or seafood type business.
johnsonbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
Sailfish

man DAAMN you like to whine.
?MEGA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
2019 Hobie outback
White Marlin

think of how many spring breakers that get tattoos that went somewhere else because of the oil!
bbarton13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #9
CCC
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdogs View Post
ANY BUSINESS TO LOSE PROFITS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY SHOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR THEIR LOSSES BY THE CRIMINALS THAT CAUSED THE SPILL!!!! BP AND BP ONLY!!!

Not only tourists who didn't come here and eventualy by a tattoo... But what about the restaurant employee who could not afford a tattoo when he lost 60% or more of their income.

Lawn maintenance companies lost work when oil field workers, restaurant workers and everyone else lost income and had to revert to mowing their own lawn...

Hair salons lose work when waitresses could no longer count on tips to pay for cut/color/perm etc... and some had to do their own nails rather than pay for a professional.

If the losses are a result of BP intentionally increasing the risk of a catastrophic spill, Then they need to pay the folks they harmed...

$20 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to the TRUE LOSSES!!!

Brent
And if they can PROVE their losses are a DIRECT result of the oil spill then I am in full agreement. I would think proving you can't tattoo people because of the oil spill when the economy is in ruins anyway would be kind of hard.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
CCC
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?MEGA View Post
man DAAMN you like to whine.
Nah I like to work for my money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in