Stinky's Fish Camp review. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE
Default Stinky's Fish Camp review.

I finally got a chance to go eat at Stinky's in Navarre yesterday and I have some constructive criticism for them. I ordered a NOLA Po boy, ( Sloppy roast beef ) I get these every time I go to NO and they are awesome. At Stinky's you get a 3" poboy with some baby greens and a sliver of red onion to put on top of a slice of off the shelf ham rolled up. This is on top of the roast beef which tastes like it was cooked in straight Burgundy that did not cook the alcohol off of it. No Fries or any sides at all for $10.99. My wife got a shrimp Poorboy that had 3 small fried shrimp on it, also no sides. We drank 1 beer each and the bill before tip was $33.

Advice- lower your prices, don't mess with perfection and serve a sloppy Poboy like people expect. They will never make it through the winter if they don't change.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Grand Slam

Dang, where is that ? I'm in Navarre quite a bit and I'll make sure to pass that place up.
Wait, I just realized - is that the place connected to Helenback ? If so, I looked at their menu one time and went to Helenback instead.
How about the East River Smoke House ? How is their new place ? I ate there a few times when it was on Hwy 87 and I thought it was pretty good.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
Grouper

Default stinkys

wow cant be the same owners as the one in San Destin that places is great.
billin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
Gio
Surf Fisher
Trigger

Cool Surprised

I am really surprised to hear your review. My wife and I eat there once or twice a week, and have never had a bad meal. It has quickly become our favorite restaurant on the gulf coast.
I have had the NOLA several times, and really like it. I will say that the one I have got was bigger and better then the one you did. I haven't been for lunch in a while, so hope they are not changing.
I did go last Friday night for dinner and had grilled golden tilefish, with crab meat augratin potatoes, and it was awesome.
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in