Sounds from childhood - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Sounds from childhood

What sounds from childhood do you no longer hear, but miss. (I borrowed this from another forum I visit, and thought it was interesting.)

For me growing up in cotton country "Jay Fl." I use to love hearing the sounds of the crop dusters going from field to field.Whipporwills, bobwhites, the sounds of combines, and cotton pickers off in the distance. T-ball games, and the parents cheering. The sound the ole wooden bridges made while a car drove over them while we were swimming in the creek, my grand parents singing bluegrass. I would trade the times we live in now for the times during childhood anytime.
SKEETER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: Sounds from childhood

Quote:
SKEETER (7/28/2008)What sounds from childhood do you no longer hear, but miss. (I borrowed this from another forum I visit, and thought it was interesting.)

For me growing up in cotton country "Jay Fl." I use to love hearing the sounds of the crop dusters going from field to field.Whipporwills, bobwhites, the sounds of combines, and cotton pickers off in the distance. T-ball games, and the parents cheering. The sound the ole wooden bridges made while a car drove over them while we were swimming in the creek, my grand parents singing bluegrass. I would trade the times we live in now for the times during childhood anytime.
Amen brotha, I would trade it in a New York second...we had NO IDEA how good we had it out there...riding 4 wheelers anywhere we wanted like we owned it, going to the creek everyday and hanging out in town every night...

TGillman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Grouper

I know some on here still do it. But I miss the sounds of dogs running in a good deer chase. Just something about that.
fishnfever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #4
Trigger

im not old by any stretch, but I miss hearing the Cicada's (sp?) on a hot summer day, my Grandpa callin' me "Booger," the sound my old swing made and "letting the cat die" (letting the swing die on it's own), the swaying of the trees when we'd light up a good bon fire. just to name a few.
SemperFi-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
Grouper

it was a sound every kid heard in my neighborhood when all of the streets were still dirt roads. way before a 50 by 100 foot lot cost $200,000. way before all the snowterds started taking over our winter season. way before all the drugs and and perverts took over. it was maybe 5 minutes before dark. we were all dirty, tired and hungry from playing all day. every mom in the neighborhood would go on there front porches and yell there kids name. TIME FOR DINNER.im only 34 years old, but this country has taken a turn since i was a kid. i feel for my four sons.
gcrbama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 01:26 AM   #6
Trigger

Staying with my grandparents in northern rural mississippi, and waking up with my grandfather to a homecooked breakfast my grandmother made, and walking out to the barn and hearing absolutely nothing except nature and the creek that ran behind their house.
TUBBLAWNS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
Sailfish

Quote:
TUBBLAWNS (7/28/2008)hearing absolutely nothing except nature and the creek that ran behind their house.
Same here. Creeks &branches,tractors and 4wheelers going up and down the road all day,cows lowing atnight, ducks on the ponds... I love going back to my parents house. It's so peaceful.
reelfinatical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
Sailfish

Send a message via ICQ to bamasam Send a message via AIM to bamasam Send a message via Yahoo to bamasam

For those of you that miss the sounds of crickets, cicadas, birds I will have tapes made up for sale soon.. haha I live out in the woods so I get to hear it all the time. My niece from California came down two weekends ago and when we got out of the truck at night she looked at me funny and asked "is that just crickets there must be millions of them"
bamasam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

jimi hendrix and led zepplien music when it was new and not wore out
nextstep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in