Small rant... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 02-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Small rant...

What the hell is wrong with some people?

To the old guy with the walker in front of me at the Pcola Mardi Gras parade today, and the guy beside him...

You are 2 of the bead grabbingest grown men I have ever seen. 2 plastic WalMart bags of plastic beads. Even as the float riders would make eye contact with my 8 year old son, and throw directly to him, you would extend your apparently 5 foot long arms, flex your 17 fingers, and haul them in. Bravo.

But your actions PALED in comparison to the folks who rolled in there at the last 20 minutes of the parade. They pushed their loud beligerent way to the front.

When they turned on you 2 guys, I set aside my aggravation, and stepped up. You had no reason to apologize to that trifling loud mouth bitch, and when her big young boy of a man started saying how he was gonna "punch you in da' mouf", well, I just saw you as the old guy with a walker that you are. I told em to stop fucking mouthing off, they are disturbing the whole atmosphere of the parade.

What the hell has become of our society? Why was there no one who stood there with me. Surrounded by able looking guys with families the same as me, and I was the only one who saw a flaw in the fact that at least 3 mouthyPOS were actually threatening some old guys with bodily harm?

There was a sobering moment for me. I realized that somehow, I was actually thinking the whole situation through, rather than saying all the things that were coming to mind. I accidentally got mature somewhere along the way it seems. I thought about the after effects of crushing that homeys teeth with the camera in my hand and falling on him like a pale 240 pound brick of recklessness. I thought about my wife and kids standing there as I almost made an ass of myself. I stopped talking. I didn't move back, but I shut up.

I just feel old now. First time I have been in an aggressive situation in years, and I went and thought before I acted...:doh

So, thats my rant. Not very good, but it got to mea bit. My wife was happy that I stopped and thought. I guess thats a good thing!
chud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: Small rant...

You sound like a gent with a back bone and a honorable set of values. Good on ya man. Also using your head and not kicking someones ass (even thought they need it) is usually a wise thing too when you have the wife and kids around.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Mike aka FishWerks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Snapper

We see the idiots at every parade, its to bad that a few come in and ruin it for everyone. The last parade a guy kept grabbing everything from the kids, I guess he needed the beads worse thanthey did!!
Jig n Hawgs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
Snapper

I agree. I am actually in the paradestossing beads.... I make eye contact, toss the bead directly to the person, and some jerk reaches out and snatches them, knowing it wasn't intended for them. I literally walk to the person they wereintended and hand them their beads. It's sad to see the greedy bastards do that, but unfortuantely, that is what we have to deal with in that stage of an event. Today, I witnessed a man and a woman literally playing a mean challenge of tug-o-war over a set I threw. I walked back, and said geeezzz! Please stop, here are another set of beads. This old man was as A**! Two "blue-hairs" fighting over a strand of beads.... of courseI do throw some nice ones!
SandyKeys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
Mingo

YOUR SON WAS WATCHING YOU. Children are always watching how there parents are acting. Congatulations to you ! There will be many parades in your sons life but only a few " life teaching" oppertunities.

Next week your son has long forgotten about some stupid parade you dragged him to but will always have the impression you have instilled on him .

Thank you for being a good parent and Teacher :letsdrink
Salt Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
Grouper

saltlife,very well said. i must agree with you.I have full custody of my son ,he is 7 I have had him for 5 years now (mothers a P.O.S,but thats another story)and you are exactly right,they are always watching and learning from your actions,to the man who kept his cool,I salute you .10 years ago had i been you i probably would have beat the brakes off em also,but now i'm glad i have become more mature to set a better example for my child as well as be a better role model,I'll buy you a beer for that one if we ever cross paths :letsdrink
donedealin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

clapbowdown And that my friends is why I have never desired to attend any Mardi Gras parades . Had many chances while my son was living in Metairie, friends in Mobile and Pensacola. It is a shame that people have to put up with such crap.:banghead:banghead:banghead

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
Sailfish

that is why we dont go to the Saturday parade anymore... last year, my kids where with my parents and well they was a fist fight... the police had to break it up... my kids saw the people push old people down.. to the point my mom had to testify at the court apperence.....

so we dont go anymore....

but we are going to the beach one.. hubby says its alot mellower.... I SURE HOPE IT IS...taking all my nephews and my neice and her friend...... oh boy sean and i ARE BEING VERY BRAVE...
Old 02-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #9
Mingo

I agree with you, chud. What is wrong with our society?Since when did it become okay to openly curse it public? Now don't get me wrong, I'm no saint or a prude, but if I walk into a convienence store to pay for my gas, I shouldn't have to worry about what my 4 and 2 year old is going to hear! Where are these peoples parents? Why weren't they taught better? I guess that is about as answerable as asking why the sky is blue. Just my 2 cents.:banghead
fisher1780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
Splittine's step-pappy
Grand Slam

that's why i spent my day at work...

to many ignorant punks at mardi gras...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in