shooting range past escambia river bridge - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 05-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default shooting range past escambia river bridge

dont go to this range, sold to paper mill, closed permentantly santa rosa sporting clays.gotta sell all my guns now, like boats, cant fish for snapper either. range is no more, closed, gone, dead, gonna be pine trees.sorry for ist post, had just got out of bed.

Last edited by 20simmons sea skiff; 05-27-2011 at 09:37 AM.
20simmons sea skiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Sailfish

What?
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
Grouper

Wink

Oh man, that is lousy.

Last edited by Sailing_Faith; 05-27-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Sailing_Faith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
Sailfish

I just called and the message says they are Closed Until Further Notice.
PensacolaEd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Sailfish

when the slandering was going on last week the range only had a short time left, it had been sold to paper mill as glens 15 year lease was up. he tried to get a new lease with new owners, but last sunday they gave him a few days notice to be out dis assemble his building or lose it. I was going to go last sunday, but he said call me first i might be closed. thats what happened, monday they were moving and all equipment sold to mussel loaders range. i will go nowhere else. its like snapper season, another hobby shot in butt. just wanted to save some of you a long ride.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
Sailfish

It wasn't sold to a paper mill. It has always been the Paper mills property and the state leased it from the mill. Glenn was contracted by the state to run the place. Glenn never leased anything from any one.

The lease that the state has with the paper mill is almost up and Glenn is getting the boot because of his unscrupulous "business practices", not keeping the range open during business hours (like right now), and many other problems the state has had with him and the way he ran the range in general.

As of right now the state is currently in negotiations with the property owner(s) for a new lease and it will be under new management when it reopens. New equipment has already been purchased to "refurbish" the range and get it back closer to what it used to be.

Be patient. It will reopen.
bigbulls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #7
Auburn Grad - 1999
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20simmons sea skiff View Post
. i will go nowhere else. its like snapper season, another hobby shot in butt. just wanted to save some of you a long ride.
Really? Thats like saying Whiting Field Golf Course is closing...Im never going to play golf again. Sure it was ok but theres a lot better courses to play.

Last edited by Grassflatsfisher; 05-28-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbulls View Post
It wasn't sold to a paper mill. It has always been the Paper mills property and the state leased it from the mill. Glenn was contracted by the state to run the place. Glenn never leased anything from any one.

The lease that the state has with the paper mill is almost up and Glenn is getting the boot because of his unscrupulous "business practices", not keeping the range open during business hours (like right now), and many other problems the state has had with him and the way he ran the range in general.

As of right now the state is currently in negotiations with the property owner(s) for a new lease and it will be under new management when it reopens. New equipment has already been purchased to "refurbish" the range and get it back closer to what it used to be.

Be patient. It will reopen.
Careful, he's got a lawyer....
GENTLE WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #9
Sailfish

yes he has a lawyer, yes he is sueing, its not hear say, it is in black and white for judge to read. i was there monday they gave him a few days to have everything off property or lose it, including building. they were moving trailer monday, thats why they are not open now. ive shot there 10 years and hes never come to stands and said a word to anybody. my friend ,gunsmith shot there 10 yrs also, said the only time he saw him come out and speak to anyone was when they were in front of red line. its been open every time ive been there. i was a drunk for 20 years, almost drinked myself to death before i quit. there is a reason the previous thread was locked, lawyer is writing everything said off forums.some may be true, but most was revenge. its closed, leave it at that.i only slander in private, then its hear say, now its on facebook and all over world, i would sue also, if he does he will win as everyone gave the judge all on paper.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #10
Blue Marlin

He has been in trouble a few times himself. Its kinda like urbers, how the hell that place is allowed to be open and sell guns ill never know. I DO KNOW I WIlL NEVER STEP FOOT IN URBERS, it dont matter if they have a gun $100 cheaper than all the other shops in town i will go somewhere else.
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in