Is shooting appliances a good idea? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 09-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Is shooting appliances a good idea?

My son's clothes washer went out on him. He wants to take it to the woods and shoot it up. Good idea? Bad idea? Seems a bit risky to me. I have certainly not heard anyone even talking about shooting at washers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Trigger

Is it a bad idea, yea probably. Do i side with your son, absolutely. I have a lawn mower that has given me problems for years, doesnt matter what i do to it or how much money i put in it, it dies about 10 minutes into mowing. SOOOO many times i thought about shooting it just to finish it off, not to mention it would feel great to finish it off....
Daxman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
Mingo

Not a good idea putting more junk out in the woods...........whether you own them or not.
Jolly Mon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
WW2
Sailfish

A round hit's just the right thing and it might so skyward(and land in some old ladies face a half mile behind the target.) Shoot paper.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Grouper

we have been shooting junk in the woods & once we had a bullet richoet back & zing by our heads. Weird feeling.
pappastratos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE

This is a funny subject to me because I just laid to rest a window unit AC via a 12 gauge slug. I then called the guy on here that picks up anything metal and appliances and he picked it up. I would assume you would bring it with you and disspose of it properly if you do shoot it. Call the same guy to come pick it up, good guy him and his wife.

By the way , I have a client that I insure who does this kind of thing for people. He has a place that you can shoot cars, old vans and so on but the cool part of his business is this, he will recreate any enviornment of your choice( Limited only by your budget) and allow you the chance to go there and do to it as you wish, ie, shoot up your appliance that has given you trouble, or beat your Boss's office to peices with a sledge hammer ( You have to provide him a picture of what or where you want him to recreate)

And if your wondering they didn't even have a class code for this type of business so it is very exspensive.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
White Marlin

He'll shoot his eye out!!

231 Proline WA (sold )
1902 Century Bay
14 Rogue Skiff
14 Big Jon Duck Boat
17 Pierre Marquette canoe
11 Ocean Kayak
H2OMARK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
twiceRetired Serve No One
Blue Marlin

I think it is a great Idea. they make good targets , you get to examine a firearms penetration , and although i never really passed any of my required anger management courses I can tell you that it is a great relief and I have shot many.
Kinda like when one of my dogs dug up one of my new orange trees I planted.
I dragged the garbage can over to the hole while fussing at it the whole time , cursed it and beat the hell out of it with an aluminum base ball Bat in a fit of rage while telling it not to dig up any more of my damn orange trees.
the dogs watched from under the porch and the very beaten trash can did not dig up any more orange trees after that.
if the appliance is no longer working it deserves to be shot , probably a bunch of Commie parts inside.. JMHO
Attached Thumbnails
Is shooting appliances a good idea?-11-jpg  

HisName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
Trigger

One time I shot a washing machine with a 357. The slug ran into something it didn't like and came back and hit me in the shin. It didn't break the skin, but it sho did hurt.
bamagator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
White Marlin

Send a message via Yahoo to TURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisName View Post
I think it is a great Idea. they make good targets , you get to examine a firearms penetration , and although i never really passed any of my required anger management courses I can tell you that it is a great relief and I have shot many.
Kinda like when one of my dogs dug up one of my new orange trees I planted.
I dragged the garbage can over to the hole while fussing at it the whole time , cursed it and beat the hell out of it with an aluminum base ball Bat in a fit of rage while telling it not to dig up any more of my damn orange trees.
the dogs watched from under the porch and the very beaten trash can did not dig up any more orange trees after that.
if the appliance is no longer working it deserves to be shot , probably a bunch of Commie parts inside.. JMHO
One of my favorite movies of all time. "I'm gonna need you to move your desk into the basment" Kills me.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in